Thread: a damned form

Angry a damned form

hey guyz

i cant make a simple form work.
    It is located at http://www.origindia.com/form.htm

As you see there, i have made everything with the buttons and text and all.
    I just can't make the damn thing submit.

It's a little urgent , so i'd need a quickie of a reply.
    The form needs to be emailed to: sales@origindia.com

Also, dont give me a CGI solution. The problem is that i want a simple HTML code.
    If somebody can just edit the source of that file, and attach the thing in the reply, or just mail me over at mairu@bigfoot.com

Thanks
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

you seem to have commented out the requisite arguments in your FORM tag
    <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="--WEBBOT-SELF--">

the "" surround the bits where you pass the argument to submit to an email address. Lose the comment tags and it should work.

Z

<edit> I'm not actually sure what you're doing withthe web bot mind .... I suspect that you may want to have a look at code for that too
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

hiya,

i dont know what im doing, that's the problem.
    This is what freaking Frontpage did. I need to know what to strike off, and where to make the changes.

should i remove this :

o.k. i'm not pretty sure about this, but i found a webpage where the code is working
    this is your code:

this is code from http://faculty.rmc.edu/eshowalt/form...test_page.htm:
    <form method="POST" action="_vti_bin/shtml.dll/form_and_webbot_test_page.htm" onsubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)" name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">

look there is a difference between the action statement:
    you write action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
    now the code working is action="_vti_bin/shtml.dll/form_and_webbot_test_page.htm"
    the "--WEBBOT-SELF--" statement is under webbot-action.

this might work...
    \"Knowledge is the Real Power\"

ok.. anyone else having problems with AO??? this is the third time I've had to try posting this.

briefly Invader (cos now I'm losing patience with the amount of times I've written this). Your code here

replace with something like

<form method=POST action="mailto:sales@origindia.com subject=Web site Order" enctype="text/plain"
    onSubmit="window.alert('Thank you for your order! You will be contacted shortly by return email concerning payment options.')">

Modify as you wish... e.g. you can lose the onSubmit argument and also the subject parameter if you like.

If you want to keep your web bot, look at the page meister has provided (lose the final colon on the link otherwise it won't work), that code would also seem to work. I have no experience with web bots so you may have to google around a bit as regards the finer points. Unless anyone else has any experience they can bring to bear with the question?

Sorry this reply isn't as explanatory as previous attempts... I've just lost patience with web servers tonight.

Z

Unhappy

Hiya zonewalker,

I already tried that.
    Now the problem with that is , when somebody clicks submit, it brings on the javascript alert window, with saying "thank you for your order and all", plus when you click okay, it launced outlook express giving you a privacy warning.

Try the same at : http://www.origindia.com/form.htm

I replaced it with yer code and see what happens with that.

i hope this gets solved soon.

-vader

yeah the privacy warning... you're not going to be able to get away from that I'm afraid.... it's built in to IE/OE - thats why I wondered if you wanted to keep your web bot.

As I said... if you do want to keep the web bot take a look at the link meister provided it may be the way you want to go

Z