Heads Up**W32.Lorsis.Worm

Thread: Heads Up**W32.Lorsis.Worm

Exclamation Heads Up**W32.Lorsis.Worm

Hi Guys..
    As per my usual Heads up.. only Higher risk Threats are listed here.. ie Symantec's Cat 2 or higher.. and wher I can I will list links to AV information from other companies..

Symantec Info Page

This ones entry is due to its damage capability

Wild:- Low
    Damage:- High
    Distribution:- Low
    Details of Threat
    W32.Lorsis.Worm is a worm that spreads through the KaZaA file-sharing network. If this worm is executed in February, or from December 6 to 31, it deletes critical system files.

The worm uses several different filenames ending with " .exe" (there are 15 spaces before the .exe extension); see the "Technical Details" section for a complete list.

During execution, the worm repeatedly attempts to copy itself to the A: drive, resulting in noticeable noise from the floppy drive, if one is installed.

W32.Lorsis.Worm is written in Visual Basic and is compressed with Aspack and UPX.

Type: Worm
    Infection Length: 78848
    Systems Affected: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Me
    Systems Not Affected: Windows 3.x, Macintosh, OS/2, UNIX, Linux
    All extra details from the Symantec Info Page
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

thx for heads up man... i wont b able to add for a few days
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;