Big Blue Strikes back

Thread: Big Blue Strikes back

Big Blue Strikes back

Kind of an interesting article was written yesterday about the Linux battle.

http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/system...9143645,00.htm

I've been hearing a lot about this. Sounds like someone wants to get some big bucks out of open-source software. Maybe *nix won't be open-source for much longer by the sounds of SCO. Scary thought... maybe this is all brought up with the big fight with people using Napter/Kazaa/etc?

Personally I don't see how SCO could go around making everyone buy a license for a software package they downloaded which was labelled as freeware? Not logical to, after all this time, say it's time to pay up because we own the rights to parts of that code.

There's a lot of *nix users here, I'm susprised you people have jumped on this with comments. I'm interested to hear what you guys would do about it!

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

This is pretty old news Acid....I don't know if you read the thread "Linux and 80 lines of stolen code," It was the most heated thread I have ever read on AO. This article is just the most recent follow up and it doesn't offer a whole heck of a lot of new information. SCO has a case but god help us if they win.
    -NeuTron

NeuTron I must have missed that thread when it was up... I just happened to have noticed this today. It's just an interesting thought though on what if... lol thanks for hte tip though I'll go and check out the other thread...

~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Just ran across another great article that raises some new points. It has some good links on the left side to other relevent articles.
    http://mozillaquest.com/Linux03/ScoS...s_Story01.html