Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned - What reasons?

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar

Banned - What reasons?

Browsing some of the archives I see quite a few people who have been banned.

Some of the reasons are pretty obvious - Stuping postings = Negs = Banned.

But there are a number of pepole banned who's posts, one read, seem sensible and they have lots of greens.

What is it that's likely to get someone banned under these circumstanes and who makes these decisions?
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Prior to Jupitermedia owning the site, it was owned by a private individual. In some cases, IIRC, some of the bannings were due to attacks against the site, flooding of the former IRC channel and "alliances" (alliances are when people gang up together to take out a user -- planned).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Also I think that some people were caught looping and giving each other ap to boost status and got caught. it was acid something or other.

mark.. ac1dsp3ctrum ?? nope.. he was in an aliance..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

<rant>IMO, some of the seniors are worse than most of the newbies! it's hard to explain the actions of those on the i-net... most of AO would regularly cower before you in life... but online- AP alliances, flooding, etc... like they have b@lls or something </rant>

woh, i've been trying to get that off my chest for quite some time
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

alliance, like in the wwf?

Hi mom!
    Nah, it was a "if you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" kind of thing: They'd give eachother greens, basically.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Please correct me if I am wrong here. This alliance thing has never made much sense to me in the past, nor does it now. Any user, newbie or otherwise, eventually makes friends with other users. I for one have certain users whose postings alone tend to attract me over the subject content of the thread. Anyone who has been here for long at all, especially before JP sold this site to Jupiter Media, has at least been accused of one "alliance" or another. I will give greens to friends before I will someone I don't know, it is usually an unconcious mouse click, and it is usually accompanied by an annoying little message about spreading my points around some more before assigning them to a particular user. I find it difficult to favor any one user over the others by assigning points, unless you are completely despicable, uncaring, or sadistic... (I could add a few more) and create several accounts, or gather all of your despicable little friends together from school to trash someone who might have posted something you don't readily agree with, then you may be guilty of an alliance and maybe could pull this off, Need I say more? I really think the majority of users here, are good people with a consience.

tampabay420 is one of those with a sense of reality and fairness that would never form an alliance in quoting his rant
    <rant>IMO, some of the seniors are worse than most of the newbies! it's hard to explain the actions of those on the i-net... most of AO would regularly cower before you in life... but online- AP alliances, flooding, etc... like they have b@lls or something </rant>
    This is the pudding of the proof... let it out tampa, letit out....
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

tampa preach on brutha man. I totally agree. I have seen some of these people "not AO members" but these so called intelligent security people. They talk hard or "type hard" when it's through a computer screen but are total complete cowards in real life. I for one consider myself a geek because I love to learn anything that has to do with technology. I don't however like Star Trek and play Magic and stuff of the sort. I also will try my hardest not to insult people to coherse into a fight but if one was to arise to the point I couldn't get out of it I love to fight. At 6'3" 275 pounds with boxing, Aikido, Kung fu, and tae kwon do experience and was club security for about 4 years. I know I can handle myself. I always remember this picture when I think of myself arguing with someone in IRC or something of the sort. http://yupki.mine.nu:8081/i/x334yupke.php

I've noticed 1 senior with like 3-4 account or maybe even more (I'm not gonna say who but you know who you are) and all those account is packed with greenies. Those kind of members are a threat to the community. He could be reading my post now and he could easily just shoot me with effective negg points for no reason if decided to.