Thread: Linux/UNIX

Linux/UNIX

Not really a security question a such, just wonderd what you would recommend to be a good linux/UNIX operating system... and where I may be able to download them..

I tried freeBSD ftp download but it takes ages and never works so, is there a seperate download location? possibly in .iso image...
    _revelatory manifestation of a divine [digital] being.

Rather than starting YET ANOTHER thread about this... try using the search button at the top right of the main page. You should be able to find several dozen threads about the exact same thing... if not hundreds....
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    Rather than starting YET ANOTHER thread about this... try using the search button at the top right of the main page. You should be able to find several dozen threads about the exact same thing... if not hundreds....
    Yes as my little aquatic friend has pointed out to you this has been talked about....at least 200 times. There is no BEST distro (except SuSE) because it all matters what YOU want to do. *get SuSE* So do some searching (of www.suse.com) and see which one seems best for you. Hell most are free just download some and try them out untill you find one you like. (SuSE owns.)

Gore: When did you start working for SuSE? How many people do you have to signup before you get your raise?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    Gore: When did you start working for SuSE? How many people do you have to signup before you get your raise?
    lol I dont work for them. That would be nice though. In a way they work for me *cough* redhat blows *cough* sorry, summer sniiffles.