Thread: WiFi using an USB dongle!

Question WiFi using an USB dongle!

Hiya Folks!

Since a couple of weeks I've got a Wireless LAN at my place. Now I want to increase my security skills by trying to break into my LAN using a second computer. There are alot of programs on the net that work with some sort of wireless network card, but since i've only got a wireless USB dongle to connect to my LAN, and I don't want 2 buy such a card, I'm stuck ...

Anyone got any ideas? Is there a program that works with all types of wireless connectors?!

Please help ...
    -= ------------------------------- =-
    If *******s could fly, this would be an airport .

most programs *should* work with a USB connection. As long as you have the correct driver and all for it.

that doesn't mean that they always work. but it's worth a try .
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

Agreed. However, you need to find out what chipseet your card / USB dongle uses. Some of the software will only work with certain chipsets.

Thanx for the replies ... I'll go and try to find out what chipset my thingy uses ...
    I'll let you all know if everything worked out just the way I planned!

Btw, If you got any questions concerning php,asp, c++ or other lanquages ... just leave a msg, and I'll try to help out!
    If *******s could fly, this would be an airport .

foex, if you have any knowledge you want to share on the programming languages you mentioned, feel free to write a tutorial, as long as what you have to say hasn't been mentioned already. Tuts are always welcomed here.

>>except tutorials about silly stuff. like washing your hair, etc. make it a computer thing
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.