Thread: Computer Major

Lightbulb Computer Major

I will be going into my senior year this fall, and I've been thinking about what I want to do for a career for some time now. I've at least narrowed it down to the computer field. Not computer engineering though. I plan on at least a bachelors and very possibly a masters degree. I'm just not sure exactly what is what when it comes to the different majors. I've heard of Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Networking, possibly computer programming. What does each of these basically learn and do in the real world. I know there are a lot of other similar majors out there, and would like to know some of them specifically so I can have more choices. What are some of the other options I have to major in? Thanx in advance.

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Computer Major

Originally posted here by reconn00b
    I've heard of Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Networking, possibly computer programming. What does each of these basically learn and do in the real world.
    I would imagine that the US university system is similar to the UK system regarding degrees.
    Although the link is for our university in Scotland, it will give you some answers to your question regarding the different computer subjects, and potential career prospects in the real world

http://www.paisley.ac.uk/courses.asp...10&Category=ug
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)