Thread: Half Life Client+Server DoS

Half Life Client+Server DoS

http://packetstorm.linuxsecurity.com...lient.zip.html
    Half-Life client versions 1.1.1.0 and below (including all MODs based on the game, such as Counter-Strike and DoD) remote exploit that will pose as a server that overwrites the stored return address but does not attempt any command execution.
    http://packetstorm.linuxsecurity.com...erver.zip.html
    Half-Life server versions 1.1.1.0 and below (including all MODs based on the game, such as Counter-Strike and DoD) remote exploit that will cause a denial of service.
    I love CounterStrike! thought y'all should know
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Most of the gaming servers where taken offline yesterday because the DOS spread rather quickly once it was known. My favorite gaming site was off for a few hours because it was manually taken off line and patched.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

CS FOR LYF

#team-|nWa|-1cehawk=-

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    CS Rules

[omc]Peg@$u$
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

As usual this vulnerability was known in April. Not to me of course but there are references to the discoverer making a plea to Valve in April. Valve are the authors of the most awesome game of the world.. so far.

HL2 LIVES!
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Originally posted here by RoadClosed
    Most of the gaming servers where taken offline yesterday because the DOS spread rather quickly once it was known. My favorite gaming site was off for a few hours because it was manually taken off line and patched.
    Mine was too. I saw the post on Bugtraq but didnt think it would be that widespread so quickly.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

What server/Mod you running?

Servers were dropping off WON like crazy.
    West of House

I dont run a server, but my favorite Team Fortress and Counterstrike servers were down yesterday.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)