Thread: custom avatar

custom avatar

ok i've earned the custom avatar benefit and now i want to make my own avatar. But every time i submit my own avatar my image is bigger than the maximum size, which is 64x64 pixels. How can I format my image to make it the right size?

BD]Hobbit
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=442
    You need people of intelligence on this sort of quest...

You can resize your image using any image software package. I usually just use Paint which works fine for me.

One thing depending on how big the image is now, you will loose some of the detail when making it smaller, so try to create an image that's near as possible to the 64x64 pixels size and then resize it using a program like paint.

I hope that helps.

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

There is just some thing cool about making your own Evntually I am going to make my little Road Closed sign blink with a yellow light.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I'd like to mention InfranView bc it's free and I've found it to be better than Paint, although I still use Paint for a lot of stuff. You can find it here: http://www.irfanview.com/.

I use Adobe Photoshop to edit my avatars. It usually does a good job of keeping the image clear while decreasing its size.
    =

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    I use Adobe Photoshop to edit my avatars. It usually does a good job of keeping the image clear while decreasing its size.
    of course $600 software is going to work well

A nice/free alternative is Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
    www.gimp.org
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Or you can let Antionline do it for you to do this go to the main screen that shows up after you login scroll to the bottom and click on Edit site options
    then scroll to the bottom and click on Avatar creation utility and then browse to the location that the Jpg is located and then click on send then save it to
    your harddrive then click on upload and you should see it to right

okay, now for the dumb newbie question. I've only been a member for a week or so, do you have to have earned a certain number of antipoints before you can edit an avatar ? Or am I being a dumbass and missing the option on the member menus ?

From what it tells me is that you have to be registered for about 10 days and have 10 posts.