Thread: System Glitch...

System Glitch...

Hey... just wondering if it's my computer or the AO servers. But I was surfing around the tech humor and saw gore's bastard admin posts, 2 of them from a long time ago and the new one he did with all of them put together in one thread.

The funny thing is that on the thread Bastard system admin from Michigan 2 and Bastard system admin from Michigan 3, there is a new post (like posted today) according to the system. When you look at the threads though, the all the posts were made around when the threads were created, which was around 8 months ago.

So what's up with this? Anyone else seen it, or am I just going crazy?

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Don't think it's a glitch. Think someone bumped it however.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks for the info MsMittens. I thought if it was bumped though that there would be an icon changed or something to let people know it was bumped? Or maybe I just missed that...I never really understood that process anyway...

From stupid...
    ~AciD
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    [/shadow]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Don't feel stupid. I always forget... all it does is reset the last post posting date in the listing, although in the thread itself it doesn't change...

*shrug*
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Weird... one minor update that would be good to see at least... something noting it was a bump up rather than a new posting... Oh well...

Regards...
    ~AciD
    [/shadow]

nah it's alright AciD... I've seen all of the Bastard Sys Admin posts bumped up at the same time before now... but I agree with you, some form of icon change to show it's been bumped would be good... a trip to site suggestions maybe??

Z

PS you going crazy... surely not
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Well yeah I guess that might be an idea to do. Anyone else think it's worth the suggestion or would everyone be against something new to the system?

~AciD
    [/shadow]