Thread: Unrecognized folder in Hotmail Inbox.

Unrecognized folder in Hotmail Inbox.

heya,
    I loged onto my hotmail account and was surprised to see a folder in there.
    The folder would be the last one in the "Inbox" "Trash" etc etc field on the left side of the page.
    It said, Sonrie www.sonrie.net
    It was empty, and i deleted this at once.
    A wise guess could be that i was using IE5 in a netcafe and might have read a possibly malicious email, containing some script(IE force exploit etc) which could execute arbitary code on my computer.
    But then again, the making of that folder is on the hotmail servers and requires Server side scripting.
    I am a little confused.
    Any Wise ideas are welcome.
    Thanks.

Hi there

yeh i got the same Folder aswell what the heck is it????

i cant seem to delete it or anything

You could of left your self logged in on that machine and someone accessed your account. Make sure you always hit "logout of .net" when you are using the internet account such as hotmail in a netcafe. Also, someone might of installed a keylogger on the machine which could of recorded your keystrokes.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

A good reason why if you use a net/cybercafe never input any extremely important or even halfway important passwords and usernames when using them.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)