Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Step Execution

2 Step Execution

What's Up Everyone

Is it possible to execute a program by only sticking a floppy disk into a computer? Or can someone download a file onto my computer by only sticking the floppy disk in, and using another program to make it look as if there was nothing being downloaded? Can this done, im just curious?

Cheers BLUEWOLF
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

I dunno if thats possible...but it sounds cool. If u find a way that there is lemme know. Sounds like a movie thing though....i dont see how its possible. Not sure if a CDROM autorun file would work on a floppy. Lemme know if u find anything.

Sure I'll let u know. But I think this might have happened to me.
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

You cant run a autorun.ini file on the floppy though right??

Someone or some thing has to get the floppy to start running in order for it to work

By the way blue wolf..what happend?

It is possible with a cd because you can create a autorun.ini file on the cd and have the .exe file set to install itself on the hd somewhere and then when a certain time or day it would access the floppy and install what ever you wanted but then a floppy would be somewhat useless because you could put it on the cd and have it run that way
    How do you create a file like this? And is there a certain prpgram needed to do this. And are you saying that this is not possible with a floppy?

By the way blue wolf..what happend?
    I think someone placed a keylogger onto my computer. Because my friend if I should call him that anymore , was trying to get DOS back into my system. But when he left I did a scan and found a keylogger. Im still not sure if that was him though. But since I am paranoid I always have to make sure.

Thanks DeadAddict.

What O.S are you running?

Someone or some thing has to get the floppy to start running in order for it to work
    Yes this is what I think happened. He was using the floppy to try and get DOS back becuase being the stupid person that I am I deleted it. So I believe it is possible then , my original question is now ansewered.

If it is windows you have dos on your hardrive because it is a part of windows