Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 Step Execution

I get that it is normal nothing to worry about and he is offline right now

O ok then well i guess this Thread is now dead..Bye
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

Banned
    I loved my points and they're all mine DeadAddict...

When you want to close DOS, use the 'exit' command... otherwise you're killing a program using a method somewhat like Task Manager does when a program freezes up...

Cool thanx again...jaguar291 Bye now everyone...
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

Sure you can, in mission impossible they put a tracing device in a floppy disk, and measured it by placing a funny looking tv remote control with an antenna stuck on top of it, but it took the disc about a minute to spin up. So sure, you can put an autorun.ini file onto a floppy disc to alert the authorities every time it starts to spin, but I don't think you will have much luck with that until after you wake up and start to put it together in the desert of the real world. :S

But that is just my opinion; could be wrong.

Your a Meanie jaguar291 J/k

man....if only I had gotten here like a few hours sooner. I coulda answered that one, lol. One neat thing I can still add is that you can make a shortcut to anything on the system....so if some mean old administrator has tried to cut you off from some program that's still on your system and you know where it is, then all you have to do is right click on the desktop, pick new shortcut, and then type in the path! I know someone that found that extremely simple trick to be really useful....so who knows, maybe somebody else reading this could get some use out of it.

Banned
    Originally posted here by keezel
    man....if only I had gotten here like a few hours sooner. I coulda answered that one, lol. One neat thing I can still add is that you can make a shortcut to anything on the system....so if some mean old administrator has tried to cut you off from some program that's still on your system and you know where it is, then all you have to do is right click on the desktop, pick new shortcut, and then type in the path! I know someone that found that extremely simple trick to be really useful....so who knows, maybe somebody else reading this could get some use out of it.
    Why make more shortcuts... why not just abuse DOS's great 'start' command... I know from personal expierence that its a lot easier and time efficent...

Ok you can have it written to a disk so it Autoruns a program whenever you installed Linux if you used a Boot Disk that is a Autorun Program. Now Dos has the ability to write Autorun to a Disk I just can’t remember how to do it if you guys want to know. I will look it up in a couple books that I have and post it. Now I am not sure if that tool is based on the Linux disk and is Written using Dos or what but that what you have to do to get Redhat to make a Redhat Boot disk.

Whizkid2300

The admin at this place disabled the "run" command and also deleted the shortcuts to the Dos Command Prompt....so while it's more effecient there was no option left but to create shortcuts. But you're right, for normal everyday users it's faster to use "run" or dos. Come ta think of it....you could actually make a shortcut to DOS and *then* use the DOS 'start' command....man! Why diddn't I think of that?! Thanks Jag!