Thread: router issue (siemens)

router issue (siemens)

I have a siemens speedstream 2614 (yes yes, there are very perveted ways too look at the name of my router), along with a comcrap(comcast) cable hookup. Everything was fine, i could leave IRC and AIM up all nite, but then i had to make a network with another comp. I hooked up the siemens router, the modem, all the crap, along with the obligatory calling of tech support to ask a few unnecessary questions to test their knowledge (they failed). Now, although the network works, my comp will disconnect from the router over certain periods of time. After that the only way to reconnect is punch in the default gateway into my browser and log into the damn router. Then my connection works again for awhile. I do not know if this is a timeout or what, or how to stop it. It is quite annoying and i could use some help.

Hmm could be a bad router I would bring it back to the store and get a new one will save you alot of aggravation.

Are you using two ethernet cards? (One on the internal network and one going to the cable modem) I have had problems with that kind of setup on Windows machines. I would have both cards going for a while and then it would quit and I could not access the net. I think that it might have something to do with your computer looking for the right way to access the net.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

nah, basically my comp has one card, which goes to the router (less than a foot away), and the router is connected to the modem.