Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to find a good deal on a new computer

Where to find a good deal on a new computer

Hey, I'm looking for a new computer and I was wondering if anyone knows of some good places that have good deals.

Old Fart
    www.pricewatch.com is, in my humble opinion, the ultimate source of computer paraphenalia. Just to give you an idea of how truly nice it is, when I built my most recent (personal) system it cost me 1300 bucks (including shipping)....an Alienware system of the same stature was selling for almost 5 grand. The only caveat I would add would be to pay close attention when buying your m/b and/or processor....the cheap ones only have a 30 to 90 day warranty....splurge a little and buy products with a longer warranty period.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

twot I have to personally say that if you are going to send anything. You should build it your self you will pay less and you get to customize it more. Now when you say this is my pc you mean it you built it. Now for the tools to build it PM me and I will give you a couple good links.

Whizkid2300

Your local pawn shop

Listen to allen on this one.

You will find cheap products via pricewatch but, if you buy products that say house brand, or generic your system is not going to last you very long. Make sure you buy quality parts.

I did pretty much the same thing that allen did with my computer. I spent 1300 on a computer that goes for 3500 if you buy from Alienware.

Heres a website that I use a lot, they have reasonable prices, and good products
    www.tcwo.com
    =

I recomend that you build it yourself that way there you will be learning about computers and you can brag to your friends that you built this monster machine and who knows they might be jealous of you Hehehe

Dead Man Walking
    I gotta go with deadaddict and whizzkidd on this one. Building your own if you have never sone it before can be a really fun experience.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    If nothing else buy a "barebones" kit (tigerdirect) and outfit it yourself. If you are going to use a "fine microsoft operating system", they'll give you the oem price.

By building it yourself:
    you'll learn what this "thingmajig" or that "firmadoodle" is.
    you'll have backup media ( a lot of mfr's don't include it anymore)
    bragging rights

Besides it's not as difficult as changing a headlight on a minivan
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

You could even check out dell they have some pretty good deals on computers and laptops and from what I have heard the tech support is pretty good too

I purchased my gaming PC from www.jktechs.com. It's a custom build site and offers the lowest price I could possibly find. You should definetly check out the site.

www.jktechs.com

scat
    If the scatman can do it so can you.