Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to find a good deal on a new computer

Or you could call me up and I'll custom build one to your specifications

c'ya
    =

Old Fart
    Sorry d00d...I looked at jktechs and pricewatch still rulez.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

i got mine from www.tigerdirect.com for 4000 bucks. Dual xeon 2.0 gig, 120 gig hd, 1 gig of ddr ram, geforce4 ti 4600 and a 22 inch monitor, etc... I dont think i got ripped off, shipping wasnt insanely expensive considering the whole pakage ways 200 pounds or something. Go to www.tigerdirect.com and check out there products
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

If anyone lives in Vancouver B.C. the two absolute best places to go are Atic and NCIX, www.atic.ca and www.NCIX.com . Somebody told me that Atic had some sort of Chinese laundering scheme going on but, doesn't bother me they still have the best prices around. Compare them with pricewatch allen. You might be surprised. Apparently they ship straight from the factory in Malaysia or Asia or somehwere down there.
    No place like 127.0.0.1

Go with dell dude

Small point on building a PC vs buying one. If you build your own....YOU have to handle all the warranty returns either to the shop where you bought the parts.....or directly with the manufacturer.

Hey cheyenne1212......I'm kinda chuckling over your offer to build a PC......and you're other post about reversing the floppy cable; and poof went the system. No offence; just humourous

I never buy a new computer as a whole. I usually buy parts once in a while, to upgrade the computer. I use the old parts to make "new" low end computers and put them in my home network. Average, I spend about § 250 a year on hardware.
    There are 10 kinds of people, those who can read binary, and those who can\'t.

Well u know the quality of the product u buy when u get it for dirt cheap...at least when u know ur payin a decent amount ur gettin ur money's worth rather than a bargain piece of crap. Just sayin cuz all u guys seem to say build ur own and save money...if u wanna build ur own...build ur own cuz u want to learn or just customize it...dont do it for the pricing.

A group called bluse star productions do a traveling computer show, the dealers there do great deals (especialy if you pay in cash). Just don't ask too many questions about where they got the parts (a lot of fell off the back of a truck type deals), or if they charged you sales tax.

y recomandation if you go would be too payin cash as I wouldn't trust those guys with my credit card number..but I did get a AMD 1700+ with 512 ram (on board video and sound that I replaced later) for $200
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Do what Allen said. Build your own. First thing you need to get is the motherboard and make sure to read the manual because it's gonna tell you the kind of ram and the kind/speed of CPU it supports. Plus there's pictures on where to shove the rams,wires and jumper set up. There's no way you can go wrong . You can also get a cheap 300 watts PSU case for $30