NEED AUDIO DRIVERS & M$ XP Cracked?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED AUDIO DRIVERS & M$ XP Cracked?

er0k

NEED AUDIO DRIVERS & M$ XP Cracked?

In order to make this a security thread so it gets on the main page, heres an article on a somewhat recent bugfix http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,49301,00.html

Anyway, now for the real thread, as i have helped out the community alot, i figured i could ask for help one more time at least:

I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ24G Desktop, with an intergrated sound card i believe ( I would know but:

[list=a][*]The box itself is sealed with some wacky plastic screws that i cant get out without destroying my warentee (sp?)[*]No im not driving to the store or calling in and getting no help whatsoever when i have plenty here[*]I have tried belarc advisor and driverguide as per allenb1963, but to no effect. [*]My other thread on this was kinda unnoticed because it wasnt on the main page. [*]I cannot find audio drivers for this. I have been to Sony's website and browsed around, etc, and did find audio drivers but not the right ones. [*]I am on Windows 2000 Professional. Whats funny is my sound card works great in Slackware (heh.. doesnt everything else? ) But im running windows as well to play games. [*]Some of you google masters please help. I gave you the specs i know. [/list=a]

Banned
    http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/cgi-bin/init.pl

Umm.. I think that's what you would need....

What's this about M$ XP cracked...?

[edit]
    My bad... I didn't include the right subdirectory from that page... http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/pc/pcvrz22grz24g/

From there click 'Original Software and Drivers' or 'Updated....'

ftp://ftp.ita.sel.sony.com/ccpg/pc/YA-E31540801BX.EXE

Ah ha, nevermind, you didn't get to the exact driver :P.

This is the link to the driver for the integrated audio on PCV-RZ24G.

Nice way to attract attention er0k.

er0k
    thankya both kindly, and the deal about XP was so this couldnt be moved to another shitty forum. it doesnt really even make sense but it has to do with M$ security.

btw the3ntropy, appreciate it hardcore man.. but the driver is only for XP.. at that link you gave me.

It should work with windows 2000 professional, are you having problems?

er0k
    it kicks off the setup and says "This update is only for Windows XP"

welp, it doesnt. Doesnt let me install it, exits the setup right after detecting that im on win2kpro.

im beginning to think for some reason this model doesnt support win2kpro.. at least the sound card.

Banned
    Originally posted here by er0k

im beginning to think for some reason this model doesnt support win2kpro.. at least the sound card.
    As far as my searches go, I have to agree...

No im not driving to the store or calling in and getting no help whatsoever when i have plenty here
    I think you're going to have to drop this rule... e-mail Sony, maybe they can convert the XP ones or make new ones...? Or get an exteneral sound card?

What is supported for my computer?

Sony supports the original (shipped) operating system and programs only.

Drivers for upgrades or downgrades to other (non-original) operating systems are provided for customer convenience. Sony will support only the installation and operation of the supplied drivers.

Drivers are only available for the operating systems listed for your computer.

Computer functionality or program loss due to the installation of an a different (non-original) operating system may occur and is solely at your own risk.
    from sony.com

I was looking around, and cannot find anything with that to windows 2000 professional, so I would say that you are out of look. As for windows xp home, I have had problems with it, and in my opinion it is the newest windows me; but windows xp pro has been working descently so far. If you are only playing games, and doing some generic office applications, you shouldn't have any problems with windows xp pro.

And since this thread is titled "M$ xp cracked" haha, there is also a corporate version available of the operating system that needs not to be registered.

So that it appears are your only options. Windows xp pro, or 200 without sound .

er0k
    mergh... /me hates windows.... /me waits for linux to take over the gaming world.....

www.slackware.com

Regal Making Handler
    Had a look at the Sony sight aswell. They dont seem to want to give jack away.( YOU WILL BYE A NEW PC. EVERY YEAR)
    This is a long shot but try installing xp if you can. If that works use the recovery console to copy the relivant files to the 2000 directory. You no what i mean im sure.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry