Change in AO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change in AO

Regal Making Handler

Change in AO

This sight has changed, For the worse i think.
    What does everyone think?
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Old Fart
    It definitely has changed....I'm not yet prepared to comment on whether it's a change for the better or worse, but it has definitely changed.

Care to get a bit more specific Jinxy? As in what changes in your opinion have had the ill effect?
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Regal Making Handler
    Well there seems to be a shortage of senior members posting, present company exepted.
    Thats one thing, maybe its my emagination,.
    I no for sure i'm not learning as much as i used to by reading the posts.
    Am i being overly censitive?
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Banned
    Topic has been discussed... there was a thread called "Down Hill Battles" or something like that... and then there was the infamous thread about JupMedia screwing JP... and about JupMedia spying on people using cookies... and etc...

Yeah.. I think the site has gone down hill and the management of the site is not helping to fix it... JP used to listen to members, read and respond to the Site Suggestions.. he used listen to complaints... there were a lot more acitve topics (my opinion) and larger variety of issues discussed....

Regal Making Handler
    Jag i read the J media screwing JP thread i missed the other you mention. I no when i joined that there were adds here but at least you could turn them off. It has got very commercial here very quick.
    I no that money has to be made to let this sight exist but it seems to me that what was once a sight for enthusiastic security minded peaple is fast becoming a link sight to commercial enterprise.
    Over the last week the active forums page has hardly changed?

Banned
    My advice: download a few programs and you'll never see ads again...

What do you mean by active forums have hardly changed over the last week...? I'm talking about since Jan this year to now....

I agree with jinxy on that last comment. The Active forums haven't really changed much lately and some of the posts have been BS (altho i take the blame for a few posts). But you can still get answers to your problems if u ask. Its not like people are going to leave you in the dark. If they cannot get u the answer, at least they will lead you to the right direction. Thats what i've seen with many of the senior members and newbies alike.

In most of the threads here on A.O I have learned a few things that I didn't know or did know and found out a better or faster way of doing it. And as far as the threads go I don't have a opinion on them reason being I have not been here as long as most of you to say yes or no to the question have they changed for better or worse.

Regal Making Handler
    Jag i have a few progs. Cant get rid of this dam flash ad though.
    Cydr i agree that if you post a ? you will get good advise.
    My point is, it would seem to me that alot of the more senior members have vanished. I mean no disrespect to Allen or Jag.
    This might seem a bit petty but 1 year or so ago i had never even used a pc. But an ex boss let me have 1 that came from Germany. I have gone from not ever having used a pc to being able to parition,format and install an os (ok so its windows) plus i can fix most problems that accure, hardware or software. Having built a few pc's for friends.
    Most of this knowledge has come from AO.

There are a few threads active at the moment that i think would have been killed ages ago, as the answere would have been posted.

DeadAddict,
    you are more senior to me here, its just that in the short time that i have been around here i have noticed a sea change.

At least thats my take anyway.

I agree with jinxy some of them should be deleted while others should be left alone for reference. for people who want to browse over them again and hopefully not for the reason to repost it and having members who have been here a long time say to them this has been discussed before

You came here and registered before I did. and me being a senior I will be one when I earn the title of one. and when I do I will try to help people as much as I can just as I do now