Thread: weird MAPI email

weird MAPI email

I've been gettin a weird Email from...well myself. I know i havent sent it but its from my email address. I dont think its a worm because as far as i know, no one else in my address book has got it and it has nothing attatched, or even anything in the message part. Its just a blank email with the subject.... MAPIWhoAmI. Below is a copy of the message source and u can see the MAPIWhoAmI deal. Anyone have a clue on what this is and why its happening? I'm using a pop3 account from our ISP Verizon. I know that MAPI is "Messaging Application Programming Interface" so that kinda leaves me to believe that a program from my computer may be sending this? or maybe just a simple bug or even lame virus that is just annoying? I searched on google and nothing on MAPIWhoAmI comes up. Any ideas???

Subject: MAPIWhoAmI
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106

Just Another Geek

Re: weird MAPI email

Originally posted here by deftones12
    [BBelow is a copy of the message source and u can see the MAPIWhoAmI deal.[/B]
    If you can please copy/past it here so we can take a look. Or you can take a look yourself. Especialy look for the Received: headers. If it seems to originate from 127.0.0.1 you're the one that's sending them.

I know that MAPI is "Messaging Application Programming Interface" so that kinda leaves me to believe that a program from my computer may be sending this? or maybe just a simple bug or even lame virus that is just annoying?
    You may be right about mapi and a program sending the email. Could be anything though. Installed any new software lately?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

There is the message source...nothing about an IP. Kinda weird though i guess...just seems weird that it would do that, nothing on google whatsoever about it.