Thread: Stealth prog running?

Stealth prog running?

I'm not sure if I have a hidden prog running that's eating my bandwidth. If I play a game online my ping will be about 172 then jump up to 1000+ :/. I've never had this problem before now so I was wondring if there might be a hidden prog running on my system some where.

I've ran Adaware, Spybot, Norton Virus and Evidence Eliminator (to clear all the rubish out) but it all seems ok as they have found nothing bad on my system.

I was wondering about this digichat client I downloaded.. I when't to remove it but that's no where to be found?

Any suggestions?

What OS are you using?
    Do you believe you are possibly being owned?
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

It could also be the server u'r playing in. That happens to me too sometimes. Give us more specs and names of any programs that are usually running on the background in your PC

You should also run a trojan scan. I hear Swatit is good....you can find it here: http://swatit.org/.

have you tried contacting tech support they should tell you how to uninstall the software if you wanted to do so in the future

Do you believe you are possibly being owned?
    Lol.. I don't reckon that's the problem.

I'll have a looky at that trojan scan.

thx,

Banned
    I'd have to go with Cybr1d on this one... play on a few different servers and see if its still happening..

Could you also post your connection type and what game this is...? (200- sounds like a really good 56k connection or a really bad cable connection...)

sounds like a really good 56k connection or a really bad cable connection
    I'm still awed by how big the difference is between 56k and cable/dsl/t1....I'm so addicted to dsl now that when I use 56k on a friend's computer it drives me insane and I won't do anything other than check email. I think it's kinda funny that what one would consider to be an excellent 56k connection would be a crappy connection for cable or dsl .

Just Another Geek
    If you're playing Half-life (or any of the mods like Counter-strike) the server you play on or you may be under attack.

#######################################################################

Applications: Half-Life (http://half-life.sierra.com)
    Versions: 1.1.1.0 and previous versions (including all MODs
    based on the game, such as Counter-Strike and DoD)
    3.1.1.1c1 and 4.1.1.1a of the free dedicated server
    Platforms: Windows and Linux
    Bugs: Remote buffer overflow and Denial of Service
    Risk High
    Author: Auriemma Luigi
    Senior Security Researcher, PivX Solutions, LLC
    e-mail: aluigi@pivx.com
    web: http://www.pivx.com/luigi/

#######################################################################
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Could also be a program that is chewing up alot of cpu. High cpu can cause pings to climb and packets to drop on some machines. Have you installed anything new that has a program that runs constantly as a process?

May be something to check