Thread: Can you burn data into a DVD-R cd?

Can you burn data into a DVD-R cd?

HI,

Is it possible to burn data into a dvd-r cd (4.7gb). Also, if yes, how? I tried it on my regular CD burner but it wouldn't recognize the cd. I tried on a DVD Burner but it still wouldn't let me do it. Do i need a special software?

thnx in advance

yes you can, and easily done using Nero Burning Rom. Just make sure you've got the right dvd plates, as of my DELL dvd-burner only wants DVD+R, yours might want DVD-R. And it sounds like you've got the wrong type, as my burner also can't read the other standard

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Can you burn data into a DVD-R cd?

Originally posted here by Cybr1d
    HI,

Is it possible to burn data into a dvd-r cd (4.7gb). Also, if yes, how? I tried it on my regular CD burner but it wouldn't recognize the cd. I tried on a DVD Burner but it still wouldn't let me do it. Do i need a special software?

thnx in advance

For future reference. I would recommend the following site for anything related to all audio /video, cd /dvd media questions, copying, codecs etc

http://club.cdfreaks.com/
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

I agree with Swoosh. I have just bought a Sony box that will read write and rewrite all current DVD formats and CDs as well. It was comparatively expensive, but I thought it worthwhile because it handles the different DVDs.

I do not believe that a regular CD burner will work at all

Several of my friends have held off buying a DVD burner because of the different formats. We remember when video recorders first started to get popular...there was VHS, Betamax and Philips 2000....VHS "won" and people who bought the others found themselves with expensive "junk" on their hands