August 2nd, 2003, 11:51 PM
*!...Yet Another Backdoor Trojan...!*
*For complete details visit:
Backdoor.Sumtax (discovered August 1,2003) is a Backdoor Trojan Horse that consists of several different utilities. Together they provide functionality to an attacker who is commonly associated with backdoors.
Infection Length: multiple files
Systems Affected: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Me
Systems Not Affected: Windows 3.x, Macintosh, OS/2, UNIX, Linux
Number of infections: 0 - 49
Number of sites: 0 - 2
Geographical distribution: Low
Threat containment: Easy
Just wanted to hear what you antionliners think about the new trojan.
August 3rd, 2003, 01:35 AM
What do I think of this trojan. Hmmm, lets see....
1) Me not afraid ('Systems not affected: ...Linux)
2) Its another lame attempt from someone trying to have a life
3) Its another feeble attempt at someone getting a life (the paraphrase of #2 was intended)
4) Its another way for script kiddies to think of themselves as 31337 (chokes on air at this one)
5) Its another lousy virus definition windows users must download and corporations patch against
6) Its a waste of bandwidth
7) Its a waste of processing cycles
8) Its a waste of hdd space
9) Its lame
10) Its another excuse for morons to think they are indeed 'special'
Just my two cents, worth whatever they are with todays exchange rate
August 3rd, 2003, 02:18 AM
In my opinion it was a waste of time for someone to sit down and write garbage code like that and not to mention to use it
August 3rd, 2003, 06:22 PM
of course their not going to tell you how to use it. Its meant for certain groups to increase their cache of warez servers. telling everyone would defeat the purpose.
Looks like a spinoff on MUMA
Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”