Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strange probelm again

I havent heard anything about switching the power supply or if you have used the same PS in all 3 dead mobos. I have experience with faulty power supplies and it only takes one to ruin a couple good mobos. If it was faulty its possible it could have o/led your mobo frying it. I would be careful with that one and check your equipment with a new one.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

to all of the morons who decided to neg me

what i was trying to say was "unplug your floppy, and don't plug it in backwards, and see if it works"

nowhere did cheyenne say that 'it had been sent off already" - it said "i'm sending it off" (the3ntropy)

yes, it did say that cheyenne had unplugged it and replugged it. not unplugged it and left it unplugged. (MemorY) <after I mentioned it, cheyenne did say he already did that, but not before i posted.>

and nuetron, i'm convinced that you negged me just because i had already gained some negative ap's.

and to all who said "read the thread before you post"...

READ THE THREAD BEFORE YOU NEG, IDIOTS!

(sorry to whine about AP's, but i got mega negged on that one, and I didn't feel I deserved it)
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

Banned
    yeah ...i just looked it over and i was wrong i read your post then switched to page 2 and read that cheyyene has already done that ...i though i was still on page one and that you posted after him sorry ...i will give you some positive AntiPoints when i spread my Ap's around ....

i made a mistake ..sorry..im human too....

sorry i called you an idiot.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

cheyenne1212.......I have had a similar problem. (probably everyone has)

It was the AGP video card..not seated properly; even after 5 attempts and changeouts.
    It had a 'hook' on the backend that wouldn't fit properly.

Good luck !!

Dead Man Walking
    So far ive got to agree with the MoBo idea's. Of course this is simply an opinion based on reading not having the pc in question on my workbench in front of me. Fl34bit3 did bring up a good point about the psu. I would definately check into that. Most of all even if you get frustrated with it dont let it stop you from trying. Just buy cheaper parts

Sometimes if u reverse plug in something the power cable can blow something...i would normally doubt u did that but thats what it sounds like. I know when u reverse some of the p1 or p2 even p7 or p8 connecters u can blow something on the mobo...so i'm assuming u might be able to do it on a IDE cable. Thats what i'd assume...dont think they'res a way to check if u've done it but thats all i can think of.

You could have easily damaged the motherboard when you plugged it in backwards. I guess that is what you get for using an old fashion floppy.

Next time just ditch the floppy completely .

Its not an old fashioned floppy, It is brand new.

yes I have already left the floppy unplugged and tried it.

I know its not the Video Card because I've tried two different ones, and I've checked to make sure that they were seated properly.

Good point fl34bit3, I'll check the PS with my meter.

I've never heard of a IDE cable ruining a M/B because its plugged in backwards. But I guess that doens'nt mean its never happened. Sometimes those floppys get me confused on which way to plug the IDE cable into because unlike the HD's, and CD's where the red stripe on the IDE cable faces the Red wire on the Power cable, the power slot on the floppy is on top of the IDE cable, and I forget which way the cable goes.

I know I am grounding my self properly, as I always touch the PS before actually touching a piece of equipment, I also am always touching the it so any static electricity will go throught the PS and not the M/B.

I'm sending the M/B back though, but I will ditch the floppy next time, and check the PS withe my meter before I plug it in again.

Thanks for you help guys. I'll post again and let you know if it works or not.
    =

You wont have a mobo to get your psu to turn on and you wont want to risk another mobo to test it. So to test it you will need to short 2 pins on your powersupply that connect directly to your board. I have a diagram. I just got to find it then i will post it.

Edit: k i found the pic i was looking for. Just put a peice of insulated wire between the two pins indicated and your PSU should power up. Im assuming you've got an ATX
    power supply though if you have a different one im dont know what pins to short

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)