Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMOS msg...

I've already change the batt, reset the jumper, and reseating the RAM, but that msg still display... I'm trying to press Del to enter the CMOS and F1 to continue but nothing responds.
    If your system is not responding at this point: And you have tried the other keyboard keys for BIOS-Setup access.. then....

1/ Faulty Keyboard..try another
    2/ You still have the reset jumper in the reset pos..normaly you can't boot to POST.. some systems you can..
    3/ The Battery you have used is U/S.. get a volt meter and measure the capacity of the battery.. should be greater than 3.2Vdc.. if less flick it.. out of circuit it may read higher.
    4/ as already mentioned.. Your BIOS is corrupt.. You need to visit the ASUS website and download the CORRECT BIOS for your machine.. setup a auto run dos disk.. to execute the BIOS update..you have no other option here.. if this don't work. you need a new BIOS prom or a new mobo..

Note: I have had a problem on AOpen Mobo's (BX chipset) with faulty Video cards confusing the BIOS.. it is strange.. but once all elese is eliminated... you will have to try something..

BUT Double check the CMOS Reset Jumper and the voltage of your replacement Battery..

oh.. I charge AUD75 per hr to train ppl to fix their own computers.. or for AUD65 and I do the work for them.. freight extra.. With the number of problems you are having there you could do with some help..
    A good site to try for hardware help is www.virtualdr.com another Jup site.. and you can get some good help.. BUT.. they won't help you if you don't give them the details of your machine when you post your questions.. That is why I posted the link to the tutorial.. If you realy want help.. give us some real information about your hardware and we to can help.. if you don't .. well don't even bother posting..
    With the number of problems you have posted about you would have to be one of the unluckiest computer owners I have meet.. or you are trying to learn about computer hardware by fixing friends and relitives computers..if this is the case.. Bloody READ MORE.. and tackle your lessons one at a time not all at once.. Only 1d10t's like me take on more than three things at a time..

Cheers..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Only 1d10t's like me take on more than three things at a time..
    ..... Naaaaah..... Too easy......

Are we related??????
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

oh.. I charge AUD75 per hr to train ppl to fix their own computers.. or for AUD65 and I do the work for them..
    wow thats quite a lot. I sure wish I could charge that much. Hmmmm....maybe I should try charging that much..Which part of AU u from?

If you have really done all that u say u have I would suggest flashing the bios and see if that helps.

i have encouthered this prob becoz of weak battery ... replace it
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

wow thats quite a lot. I sure wish I could charge that much. Hmmmm....maybe I should try charging that much..Which part of AU u from?
    would be a lot if USD.. but AUD to USD is approx 0.57AUD=1USD give or take.. the traing charge is to keep ppl away from the tech.. well it started that way..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Banned
    Thought I'd point him toward this: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...524#post649524

i had a similar problem with an old gateway computer of mine so i pulled out the CMOS battery for an hour then replaced it with a new one and let it sit overnight (i guess to let the battery start sending some juice around) but it booted right the next day. **NOTE: I say let it set overnight cuzz it wouldnt boot after i put the battery back in until the next day.**

If that still doesnt work i would say take everythign out of your comp except the stuff thats necessary to boot. (i.e. Vid card, hard drive, 1 stick of ram you know to be good etc.. only the essentials.) then if it boots add each component 1 at a time until it messes up.

[EDIT] If you have access also try another power supply. It may not sound like a PS issue but ive had comps with bad PS give strange errors randomly.