Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: defensive strategies

BTW: the "_Restore" folder is a system hidden folder used by System restore, by default you are unable to delete these files..
    You will clear this folder by turning OFF the System restore function (this applies to Win Me and XP)...

A note on Virus removal from Symantec .. This is a link to a virus warning.. just where another window was parked...

Removal Instructions

The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines.

Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
    Update the virus definitions.
    Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as W32.Mant.Worm.
    Delete any zero-byte files that match the filenames that the worm uses.

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Recipe: When I make this I ALWAYS take 4 hours out of my day to cook it, that way it's done correctly and I am ready to eat it when it's finished.

Spagetti Bolognase- (w/ meat) this'll make A LOT!
    32 oz of your favourite pasta
    1 lb of ground hamburger
    1 lb of Italian ground sausage (sausage w/ spice in it)
    1/2 lb of sliced mushrooms
    2 medium diced FRESH tomatoes
    1-8oz. tin of tomato paste
    4 or 6-16 oz tins of regular tomato sauce (unflavoured)... this depends on how thick you like the sauce
    Juice of 1 orange

Spices (there will be 2 groups of spice-one for the frying pan and one for the sauce pan) put each into it's own seperate bowl in the beginning and don't forget which is which, otherwise it'll be an adventure.
    Frying pan:
    1 TBSP lemon basil (has a lemony smell and flavour)
    2 TSP dried ground oregano (normally double the amount of it's fresh)
    1 TSP of fresh thyme
    1 TSP sage
    1/2 tsp rosemary
    2 LARGE crushed/ground cloves of Garlic
    1 TBSP of crushed black (or white) pepper
    1/2 of an onion diced

Saucepan:
    3 TBSP Oregano
    3 1/2 TSP Thyme (normally double the amount of it's fresh)
    1 TSP Lemon Basil
    2 TSP sage
    1 TSP rosemary
    5-6 LARGE crushed/ground cloves of Garlic
    2 TBSP of crushed black (or white) pepper
    1/2 of an onion diced
    1-2 TBSP of sugar (or red wine) to cut the tomatoes acidity

Before beginning cooking, make sure everything is prepared as listed above.
    This should be taken step by step:
    1. Make sure meat is completely defrosted and start mixing the two meats together.

2. Start sweating frying pans 1/2 of the onion on a medium-high heat. When the onion BEGINS to brown add the Hamburger, Sausage and ALL of the spices kept separate for the frying pan. Allow to brown, stirring occasionally, we don't want to have blackened meat. Add salt as needed (a garlic salt would work best... with spaghetti you can never have too much garlic.)

3. While waiting for the meat to brown, begin the sauce in this order: In a LARGE pot
    Brown the onion, add the spices to it and the orange juice. Simmer 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Open 4 of the tins of tomato SAUCE and dump them into the mixture. Add salt as needed. Remember that your frying pan will have spice and salt in it as well so you may want to wait on the salt. Put this on a back burner on low-med heat.

4. The meat should be half-way done cooking at this point. Make sure you continue stiring the meat to get an overall doneness and brown color. At this point if you want garlic bread this would be the time to get it ready...

Garlic Bread Recipe:
    1 LG unsliced crispy french loaf cut in half length-wise
    2 sticks of softened butter/oleo/margerine
    1 TSP salt
    3 LG crushed cloves of garlic
    1 TSP of oregano
    1/2 C. grated parmesian cheese.
    OR 1 C. grated Asiago cheese (I prefer this)

Blend the butter, salt, oregano, garlic, and cheese in a food processor (or by hand with a fork and lots of elbow grease.)
    Spread on the bread evenly and either brown it in a pan on the stove top for a nice crunchy effect OR cook in the oven at 350 until the butter melts (approximately 10-15 minutes.)

5. Drain the meat of ALL of it's fat (well as much as possible) after it's all browned and add the mushrooms to the pan. Saute the mushrooms in the pan w/ the meat for 5-10 minutes, allowing the mushrooms to soak up whatever fat is left (and they will too, if there is anything mushrooms like it is moisture.) This will season the mushrooms and cook them just enough for them to absorb the tomato sauce.

6. Add the tomato PASTE to the sauce pan and the diced tomatoes. Then slowly add the meat/mushrooms combo into the sauce pan. Allow to simmer on a low heat setting with a lid on it... otherwise splatter-city. Let it simmer as long as you want, at least 30 minutes, before starting your pasta.

7. Pasta--follow the directions on the package (s) only SEASON the water, I dunno about you but where I live water doesn't have a flavour. Add salt and pepper into the water--use your judgement.

By the time you're ready to eat everything ought to be ready at the table. If entertaining friends ask 'em to set the table.