Thread: Sub7

Sub7

I just read a great article about Sub7 explaining its uses and how it works, and the one final thought that came to me was that anyone who uses Sub7 is a dumbass Skript Kiddie who thinks they are so 1337 (ARGHHH) and uses the program because they have no clue how to really hack, because Sub7 is a Trojan. I really suggest checking the article out because the website also offers Hackguard, a program that tells you when you have been hacked.

Check it out:

http://www.hackguard.net/sub7.htm

BD]Hobbit
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=442
    You need people of intelligence on this sort of quest...

I highly doubt that a program can detect every single instance of a system being hacked. It's practically impossible for a program to do this because it doesnt monitor log files nor can it detect a intruder using a password that was socially engineered or bruteforced. Or am I wrong and has technology progressed that far?
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Hmmm, I see your point, however, Sub7 *does* have uses for elite h4x0rs too. Just to give you a little taste, I used to setup sessions using Sub7 and several other backdoor programs (including one of my own) in a tiered architecture. In other words, I'd plant an obvious backdoor and at the same time I'd stagger a few others that were each harder than the next to detect. If I messed with the person bad enough, they'd discover the Sub7 trojan and claim victory. I'd then smash em with my next level in the tier. Wanna talk about seeing someone **** their pants out of confusion?! . Anyway, usually before they found the final backdoor (the one I wrote), they would break out the install disks and start over.

Just felt like sharing some old skool horsey techniques with ya. Now, off to get a pizza.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

thehorse13, your approach is the EXACT reason I stopped trying to clean torjans.... you just never know what has been placed on the target. The only course of action that I choose to take is one of extreme measure.... FDISK, FORMAT, SCRUB, LOAD OS.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Banned
    Originally posted here by thehorse13
    Just to give you a little taste, I used to setup sessions using Sub7 and several other backdoor programs (including one of my own) in a tiered architecture. In other words, I'd plant an obvious backdoor and at the same time I'd stagger a few others that were each harder than the next to detect. If I messed with the person bad enough, they'd discover the Sub7 trojan and claim victory. I'd then smash em with my next level in the tier. Wanna talk about seeing someone **** their pants out of confusion?! . Anyway, usually before they found the final backdoor (the one I wrote), they would break out the install disks and start over.
    --TH13
    I used to do try to do that but only with two backdoors (both of which are well known and over hyped) and I'm just curious what you used?!...