Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 questions. . . . .

Arrow 2 questions. . . . .

alrighty, the first question is about that damn hack-this-site thing. I'm on lvl 5, and the stupid telnet wont work. When i use port 23 it asks me to login and when i use port 80 it just sits there after waiting forever the stupid thing says press return to begin and then proceeds to lose the connection. sooo, whats going on here?

2nd, can anyone suggest any books i can go buy??? i got about 70 bucks to blow, and i dont need a new hookah at the moment what i want to do is take it one subject at a time, get a thourough knowledge of it, and then continue to learn something else Know any good books on javascript? or html? or even php? lolz, im an indecisive person, so im leaving the choice up to you! thanks for all the input everyone, you help is greatly appriciated.

btw, where would i post if i needed help with a basic prog im working on??? ty

-Quell

(is this in the right section?? if not, sorry. im new here lol )

Banned
    A) There is a big thread already about that stupid useless website... I'm about 100% sure the answer lies somewhere there....

B) Start with HTML if you don't know it. I learned HTML from "HTML for Dummies"... very easy to read, gets the job done, and doesn't bore you.... from there move to Java and so on.. I can't really give you names because it really depends what you like.. some books are standard reference books others are fun to read and help you gradually.. it all depends what you want!?!

did you use telnet to get threw 1, 2 + 3?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

nope, 5 is the first lvl ive used it on, and it wont eve nwork

Can't help with the first question, but I may be able to help on the second...

If your looking for a programming book, keep an eye out for the "Complete Reference" series. I have the Windows 2K one, but the C/C++ and the Java ones have a wealth of info. Not only does it start with an overview of the language, but the second half is a reference of most, if not all of the library functions!! A friend of mine swears by the C one. The books are usually these rather thick white things with the title in orange, and there somewhere in the ball park of $40.

alpha

can i ask you Y your even using telnet?? What makes you think its going to do anything on this level? did someon tell you this?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

yep, was told to use telnet and get teh php file was i supposed to do something else??

this is the one that mails the email address...right?

try looking here:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...646#post640269

1) With telnet you must spoof your address I think (I can't remember very well) with Host and Referer, that's why level5.php checks your Refering URL and it must be: http://www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level5/index.php
    2) If you like this "job" (hacking) I would suggest you to bye "Hacking Exposed" - very good book and it can be your start in the hacking
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]

HELLO QUELL , YOU EVEN TRIED TO GET UP TO THAT LEVEL , I AM STILL TRYING TO GET TO 0 LEVEL , THIS MUST BE FUNNY........
    DE SCORPION KING