MP3 music goes hi-fi

Thread: MP3 music goes hi-fi

Banned

MP3 music goes hi-fi

Ever wished you could listen to the hundreds of MP3 tracks on your PC on your stereo? A range of digital music players are springing up that let you listen to songs on a hard drive on a hi-fi.
    See the digital Story : HERE

The first thing I noticed was how it's reliant on the sharing of mp3's and their prediction that it will *stay* popular....so they must not think that the RIAA stands a snowball's chance in hell at stopping it. What do you think, memory? I think I've read a few too many threads about this whole thing if that's the first thing I thought of .

That's kind of interesting. With all that confrontation going on now with the RIAA it's kind of weird that these people would make something like that.

hmmm but it's a really nice idea. Another reason for file sharing. Ehmmm, but they are trying to stop it. Oh well, we will see where all this leads.

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

Banned
    no no noo ..

The gadget went on sale about a year ago. Now, Slim Devices says thousands of people are using the player every day.
    so i dont think the RIAA will o anything to stop this ...since the RIAA hasnt tried to stop it a year ago they can try now but they wont ...they'll get a lot of people angry because they weren't trying to stop it a year ago ....

they'll get a lot of people angry
    Heh. I'll let you figure out why it's funny . My point was more along the lines of: the RIAA is attacking the sharing of mp3's....and since this gadget relies on people having mp3's the RIAA is indirectly attacking them too...along with all technology having to do with the sharing of mp3's (like mp3 players). Taking out Kazaa wouldn't *kill* the mp3 technology...but it'd put a massive dent in it's popularity and that would affect all products like this. You're right though, the RIAA won't try to attack this because it's not a direct threat to them like Kazaa and other similar napster spin-offs.