Discovered: Aug. 3, 2003

Detection available: Aug. 3, 2003

Destructive: No

Overall risk rating: Low

Reported infections: Low

Damage Potential: High

Distribution Potential: High
    Description:
    This multi-component malware has both worm and backdoor capabilities. It propagates by penetrating systems with weak passwords and dropping a copy of itself in these vulnerable systems.

It acts as a backdoor by connecting to a remote IRC server. This enables a remote malicious user to control the compromised system using IRC commands.

It runs on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP and NT.
    Full Info and Removal Inststructions : http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...TZET.A&VSect=T
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Hey Null,

Bloody nice post.. great information.. BUT BD]Hobbit posted this a few days ago .. Don't feel bad I've done worse..

But worth the information.. pse not I have found that McAfee seems to get some of thes bugs before the updates.. only what I am seeing here..

Link for Symantec .. the threat level has been upgraded since the first posting..

You know.. for the first time in months there are others posting warnings.. and the information is good.. pity the news is bad..

Thanks guys..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

yes quite right.........thew news is very bad..............OOOOOPPPPs i take a quick look at heads up posted during my vocation....and i missed this one by BD]Hobbit...sorry...BD]Hobbit and others pls.....
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Easy enough error to make.. so a minor punishment is required.. hmm
    Stake him out on the nearest Anthill.. and use honey as a sunscreen...2days should be enough..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr