Thread: Red Hat To Sue SCO.......

Red Hat To Sue SCO.......

Red Hat (Nasdaq: RHAT - News) today made two significant announcements to protect Red Hat Linux customers and the worldwide Linux industry. First, Red Hat announced that it filed a formal complaint against The SCO Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCOX, "SCO"). The purpose of this complaint is to demonstrate that Red Hat's technologies do not infringe any intellectual property of SCO and to hold SCO accountable for its unfair and deceptive actions
    Full Story Here : http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030804/45483_1.html
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

He..good stuff

RE: SCO eat <instert immature comment here>

Good, I do not believe SCO really has a right to say Linux was theirs at all. If other Distro's/Companies join Red Hat there could be a posstive change in the way the internet in general is going. Freedom and such we can kiss it goodbye..... *waves*

IBM is doing it also see here:

http://www.overflow.cc/modules.php?o...rder=0&thold=0

As a former tech rep doing support for Sco all I can say is they brought this on themselves.
    They fired the first ridiculous shot in this war by claiming all linux users should pay THEM a license fee.

I'm interested to see if any of this will go to court.

I think the real thing we should look out for is .......will the GNU license agreements hold up in court?

If they do all is well. BUT if some slick sleazy weasel of a lawyer finds a loop hole to invalidate them. We are in trouble.