Thread: PHP and HTML Questions

Banned

PHP and HTML Questions

I have 2 questions which pretty much have nothing to do with each other...

first the html one...How do I link something in a higher directory without using the full url, ie: i'm in the /one/two directory, and i wanted to link something in the /one directory. How would i do that without having to type in the full url or is that just impossible?

second, for the php question, i think it'll probably be a fuction, but i'm getting information from a form and i want to make sure its a integer, so what can i use to make sure it is?

Hey Hey...

Not too sure on the first one, depends on a lot of things prolly but you should beable to do ../<file>

For the second one you want to use the php is_int function.
    if (is_int(1234324)) {
    print "true";
    } else {
    print "false";
    }

Banned
    ok thanks, that helped, and on the first quesiton, i'm thinking it just cant be done...

Code:
    One
    if done from page two should get you to the parent directory like HTRegz vaguely stated. It should work, it works on my servers apache on MacOS X and on Mandrake.

I'm getting more and more interested in PHP..., I think it is the increased liesure time attributed to un-employment/no income, and the general dislike of my current websites static nature that would have be edit 30 - 40 files to get something that when printed out takes up 15 pages and contains oh so many typos and errors but is to hard to edit.

ciao,
    Dhej
    The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of dusk. -Hegel