problem with java virtual machine

Thread: problem with java virtual machine

problem with java virtual machine

every time i go to a site that requires java i get an error message that asks me to download java virtual machine. Then when i click ok to download it, it sends me to the microsoft website and tells me i have to update my microsoft virtual machine.. but i completly updated my pc and it still says i need to update more crap and i cant find what i need anywhere. running xp pro.

Banned
    Sun Java Virtual Machine (this is a better option than Microsoft's version)
    i recommend this one http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/javavm.html

well i downloaded that and...i still cant use java.. every time i open a site with java in it i get directed to the POS microsoft site. Also i have another question. since someone put a pirated copy of windows xp pro on my machine, i need to get a different OS fast since i have to activate windows again in 1 day then i dont know what happends.. any suggestions on a different OS.. and if i get a different OS E.G linux would i have to delete my entire harddrive.. music and all?

I assume that your running a copy of Windows Xp with service pack 1A, Microsoft was forced to remove there version of java from XP, Because according to a us court it volated Comptition rules.
    You can still install microsofts version of java, However it is getting harder to find, so a better optition might be Suns java(Even though there the people who sued ms in the first place)
    Which can be gotten at www.java.com and then reached by clicking on the Get java link to the right

Hope it helps

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I've seen this before.....

Try this:

Go into the Control Panel and launch the Java Plugin app. Click on the browsers tab then select IE or Netscape from the list. It basically tells your browser to use the Sun JVM instead of Microsoft's. As you know, the MS JVM is no longer available since the lawsuit between Sun and M$.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

theres no java icon in my control pannel.. i still cant get it to work i downloaded the java file from sun that memorY told me to get and installed it but still no results

m$ doesn't offer it for DL anymore... but there are still places to get it.

http://www.java-virtual-machine.net/download.html

I know that sun java virtual machine works too... I'm using version 1.4.0_41

OR goto this link... it'll check your system and tell you which one to install.

http://www.java.com/en/download/
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    OK, then look for a folder called "JAVA Web Start under Start->Programs. If you see this folder, go into the app and look for the browser tab and select the browsers you wish to use.

If you don't see this then you haven't installed the correct JVM. Let me know and I will give you a link that I know will work.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden