Hey Everyone,
Heres my story... I got an old computer about a year ago... And it is old.. I mean pentium 2 kinda old... It can still run some games (Counter-strike and starcraft) that I like to play.. but other than that... I don't use it for anything but surfing the net... Anyways, heres my issue... Recently, whenever I try to shut down, I keep getting these messeges saying "There are (X) number of users connected to your computer" (Usually its only 1 or 2) SO, I pushed the "shut down anyway button" and disconnected them... I didn't really give it any thought (Which is a bad idea) but I was tired... Next morning I played "Day of Defeat" for about an hour.. and at the end of that hour, I attempted to shut down and I got the same message..except this time there where 5 users connected! This realy got my attention So i decided that it was time to do something about it.... I used the "netstat" command to find out what and where these connections were... and they were all nbsessions(Net Bios Sessions) and they were all coming from similar ip addresses( They only had a few numbers different EXAMPLE: 184.24.36.22 and 184.26.58.109 THESE AREN'T REAL, its an example...) As you can imagine, I don't want these ppl messing around with my computer... And I know that I can just dissable Filesharing to halt there progress... so don't suggest that I'll do at now... But is there anyway that I can "kick" them outta my computer? I don't wanna break the law or anything... BUt I don't want them in there... and I don't wanna spend money on a firewall, cuz the data isn't all that important... (Yes, I know zonealarm is free, i'll think about getting it) Plus, i was thinking that with all this increased traffic on my computer... Maybe I should set up a honey pot to see whats going on Would I still be able to play and surf on my computer if I made it into a honey pot?
So, bottom line... Is there any way to "ban" or "kick" that ip/user from accessing my computer, without the aid of a firewall??? Just so this is not mis-interrpreted.. I am not looking for ways to DOS them... Thanks!!!

P.S. If this has been asked before, pardon me... I'm still new