germany lauch computer addict rehab scheme

Thread: germany lauch computer addict rehab scheme

germany lauch computer addict rehab scheme

Hiya, I just saw an article on the morning news here about germany launching a computer addict scheme, for 10-16yr olds who spend up to 6hrs hours on the internet a day,

personnally i find this outragous, I can happily spend that long on the internet, but why does no one bring things up about people being addicted to TV. Its common place that people watch 6hrs of TV a day yet they dont put these people into rehab.

I rarely watch TV anymore. I prefer the internet cos im free to learn and do what i want, and not have to stick to the TV guide.

This rehad centre planned to encourage outdoor sport and healthy eating (fair enough), but the psycologist that was saying this sugested that by using a computer you will eat unhealthly and do little sport. Yes this is true in some cases but theres allot more than 6hrs in a day and the minimum recommended daily exercise amount is 20minutes of running, so weve only used 6hrs20minutes theres allot more of the day remaining!

they were making out that using the internet for excessing periods of time (in the option over 4hrs) that its a medical problem. I think quite a few of us could be diognosied with it :-)

oh yea they were limiting them to how long they had on the internet, down to 30minutes a day. In my option this is fine when theres something better to do, I was once restricted to this amount of time on the interent and i became a better programmer and ready many books becuase of it, I may have contridicted myslef but i believe that the interenet helps me to learn.

what do you all think about this? I think if all the child is doing is playing games then fair enough they need to get off and get out, but if there seriously interested in programming, networking and other things allong these lines then fairenough.

i2c

Damn, I spend like 8-10 hours a day behind my computer(only in vacations) and most of it on the internet or programming, seriously addicted I guess. I too watch rarely tv because most of what they play is crap, sometimes I like a good movie, however my parents force me to get out of my room and watch some tv with them in the evening.
    Most of my friends spend also quite a lot time behind their computer(3-6hours I think), but all they do is gaming.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: germany lauch computer addict rehab scheme

Originally posted here by i2c
    Hiya, I just saw an article on the morning news here about germany launching a computer addict scheme, for 10-16yr olds who spend up to 6hrs hours on the internet a day,
    i2c

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=247008
    It's spreading at an alarming rate. Brown paper bag over moniter should help prevent spread of infection.
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Flash M0nkey
    heh i spend prolly about 15hrs daily behind a computer screen
    i work at one
    i come home to one
    the little tv I watch is at one
    i eat at it even oO

think i am addicted??

v_Ln

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by valhallen
    heh i spend prolly about 15hrs daily behind a computer screen
    i work at one
    i come home to one
    the little tv I watch is at one
    i eat at it even oO

think i am addicted??

v_Ln
    Don't be silly, that's no addiction. Only an idle curiosity in today's hi- tech world in which we live.
    Before I get all disappointed, do you actually leave the house to "work at one"?

Reason I ask is that on occasion, I am coerced out of my home by a strange woman, who forces me , against my wishes, to take her in this boxy thing on wheels to a big building,where all the people run around pushing, which I think must be prams, made out of chicken wire. I Hate it
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)