Thread: Intro To Pointers In C/C++

Intro To Pointers In C/C++

Hey guys, this is my first tutorial, so dont expect something insanely good. You have to download it and unzip the file Pointers.doc. I wrote it in Microsoft Word and it is about 5 pages long (it has a bunch of examples and stuff in it). Also, i would recommend that you turn off autoformatting so Microsoft Word doesnt start to move the example code around. Also, turn off spelling and grammar check unless you want a lot of funky red and green lines. Hope you like it!!
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

It's a gas!
    All the examples are in C++!
    Maybe you could have included a few C samples but apart from that it was a nice first tut.

it was a nice first tut.
    Thank you. Up on top of the tutorial it says that i used a C++ compiler to compile all of the complete code, but i am sorry for not including any C code, next time i will

thanks guys
    I think this will give me good pointers and notes so i
    can myself confident in programming C

Originally posted here by jin29_neci
    good pointers and notes
    Ugh...

Please do me a favor and shut-up. For your own sake... just stop. From that last statement it is very clear that you obviously haven't even read half the stuff in these threads you have just posted in & there is no need to make a post & thank people everytime you find some random, year or two old, tutorial to be usefull to you. Use PM instead or something if you are that bored.

lol i think he just really loves my tutorial... its been forever since i have logged back onto this site. hope everyone is doing fine!

thank you mate

Hey White Eskimo,

Great Tutorial. I love how you put using namespace std in the first example, but you still decided to include your namespace in your program std::cout <<. I can tell you've written a lot of code. I'm still trying to getting around to including namespaces within my code. Especially now that I'm creating my own namespace and using other's.

Actually first programming tutorial I've read.

When I have time, I'll write on on C++ also. I doubt it will be as good as yours though.

Hey White Eskimo,

Great Tutorial. I love how you put using namespace std in the first example, but you still decided to include your namespace in your program std::cout <<. I can tell you've written a lot of code. I'm still trying to getting around to including namespaces within my code. Especially now that I'm creating my own namespace and using other's.

Actually first programming tutorial I've read.

When I have time, I'll write on on C++ also. I doubt it will be as good as yours though.
    haha thanks a lot. to be honest though i havent programmed in C++ for a couple of years now and i am afraid to read my own tutorials since i might be a bit overwhelmed.

You should check out my 'writing to a file' tut at http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=247364 or my preprocessor tut at http://www.antionline.com/showthread...readid=249061. Glad to see people are still reading these things and learning from them!