Thread: serial port terminal proggie??

serial port terminal proggie??

Hey,

was just woundering if any of you knew of a simple (No gui, command line only) hypertermial like program where i can send strings to the serial port, must work on a 486 (~250mb) within either DOS or command line linux

cheers

i2c

find the web site for quasar electronics and search for their relay boards there is a pice of command line software for outputting to parallel or serial port.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    DOS:

echo hello>com1:

Linux (RH9)

echo hello>/dev/ttys0

will send the characters hello to the first serial port

[edit]Sorry Didn't read where this was posted, can an admin move this thread please[/edit]

[more edit]It's been suggested that this post is sarcastic. It wasn't meant to be so if it's taken that way I apologise. I was trying to help and I beleive I have done so[/more edit]
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Years back, Procomm Plus for DOS was my terminal emulator of choice. You can download it now from here:
    http://solarflow.dyndns.org/pcplus/

The site also explains how to setup Linux to run DOS programs. I haven't tried it myself tho...

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

You could write one yourself very simply in VB.

Look for inpout32.dll

PM myself or Tampabay if you need a hand.