Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .............Conspiracy Theory...............

.............Conspiracy Theory...............

Whats to stop McAfee, Norton, Dr. Soloman and other AV companies from creating and distributing worms and viruses in order to be the first to come out with patches? This would make them seem to be the most "on the ball" in the marketplace. Conspiracies interest me and I was just wondering if anybody thinks that it has ever been done.
    -NeuTron

Banned
    I'm pretty sure that the US government would've figured it out by now if such was the case... they probably monitor all the AV companies very closely for *security* issues. and etc.

jag291

Banned
    whats the point of monitoring ...they can hire some virus writer to write a virus and then make a patch ....i read an article or was it a book on that topic and it describes how the top companies hire somebody to write a virus and then make a patch and they also publish on the internet like that case where on year 2000 all computers will crash ...they said they have the latest patches and that you should buy their products while there was no threat to computers on the millenium ....

That does not surpise me that the antivirus companies do that just to scare people into buying their software and paying for updates.

Originally posted here by MemorY
    whats the point of monitoring ...they can hire some virus writer to write a virus and then make a patch
    that doesnt mean the goverment cant track the virus back to them.

anyway, i think there's enough people out there releasing viruses everyday for the companies to be involved in such activities, it would be too risky for them, but i wouldnt surprised if that was the case.

maybe its they US government trying to force people to tighten security.

maybe its neo-nazies trying to infiltrate our system

maybe its aliens using this technique to control the direction our technology takes.

could it be satan...?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    It's the Matrix! It has you Neo!
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Originally posted here by jaguar291
    I'm pretty sure that the US government would've figured it out by now if such was the case...
    What's to stop the U.S Government from creating and distributing worms and viruses in order to continue their corrupt world domination?

Banned
    What's to stop the U.S Government from creating and distributing worms and viruses in order to continue their corrupt world domination?
    If that was the case, you think the US government would release them in America? Nope... we'd aim for competing countries... but sounds like a possible idea..

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Having worked for two branches of the government for a total of 24 years now, I can't imagine the US government behind a conspiracy. That would take efficiency!
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot