Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well... should WE bann him???

If it really bothers you contact the user that did it and ask him/her why.
    Just to note
    proof (such as a screenshot)
    Screen shots can easily be manipulated.
    Furthermore
    Should WE ban him
    You are breaking the rules here by calling for an alliance against a certain member.
    I am curious who fooled you into believing you were negged by souleman because there are not that many members out there that can hit as hard as souleman does.

My suggestion:
    Either contact JupMed or the user himself.
    Maybe he wants to come out clean.

Originally posted here by -DaRK-RaiDeR-
    Note: Thanks Debwalin and glad to know (after all ) you and Souleman have nothing to do with these unfair situations.
    Hahaha, do you have ANY idea how happy Soule and I were to have our names cleared? It seriously wasn't about the points to either of us, it was the fact that we were repeatedly, over and over, accused of something we weren't doing. Now people know we weren't doing it, and to be honest, it is a big relief. I can't tell you how old it got to hear our names linked in an alliance when we weren't in one. But it's all good now, and no one can accuse us of anything now.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

noODle,

1 - Everyone knows a screenshot can be manipulated but everyone knows that JUPM can take a look at my AP Center and confirm if my screenshot is true. So... i still have a screenshot as a proof.

2 - This is nothing close to an alliance, you know it's not. It's just opinions about what to do with a member that broke the rules.

3 - For your information, who said i thought that message came from Souleman? Souleman is smart enough not to do that and, fortunately, i could easily realize that it wasn't him. I sent an e-mail to Souleman about this before saying:

souleman,

Just want to tell you that someone negged me saying:

"Your a pussy don't make fun of me -- souleman"

I don't think it was you cause i would have lost more than 70 points and i only lost 20. So, someone used your name to neg me here.

As i said, just for you to know.

Bye,

DKRR
    Souleman can easily confirm this and so... your words were useless here my friend.

Please, think about it twice before accusing someone of being "fooled"

Thanks,

DKRR

Old Fart
    Given that it can't happen any more due to recent changes, I'd just turn it over to JM and let them do as they please. I'm not being unsympathetic....I've had my name signed by someone (probably the same person who did soule and deb) and it sucks....but it can't happen any more.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Who said I thought the message cam from souleman ?
    Well I think you then should have posted that right away.
    If you knew right back then that it was someone who 'spoofed' the assignment name, why did not you report him back then ?
    and I still think calling people to ban someone is calling for an alliance (you team up in that case bacause there is no other way to ban someone as users then to assign negs).
    I think the best way to solve this problem is to still report him to the appropriate people.
    well that is my opinion.

Am I missing something?
    Surely an easy way to resolve this would be to give the guilty person a negative AP??

AP's dont have to be just for posts, They can be for good / bad behaviour too.

Cheers
    V$D$
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

noODle,

WTF?

I have shown you a PM i sent to souleman and you still say i thought it was souleman?

WTF?

Do you read the posts or just answer without reading the whole of them?

I didn't report it back because i didn't know and wasn't sure who it was.

Still, "SHOULD WE BANN HIM?" it's not "LET'S BANN HIM".

DKRR

Note: Will you still make my repeat things?

Originally posted here by noODle

If you knew right back then that it was someone who 'spoofed' the assignment name, why did not you report him back then ?
    and I still think calling people to ban someone is calling for an alliance (you team up in that case bacause there is no other way to ban someone as users then to assign negs).
    I think the best way to solve this problem is to still report him to the appropriate people.
    well that is my opinion.

Originally posted here by noODle

well that is my opinion.
    If you read my post it states:

You should have posted in the first post in this thread that you knew rightaway that it was not souleman. instead of
    today i have realized that a member negged me using the name of other member
    Would have saved some hassle.

Back to the topic:
    Should we ban him ?
    I think if he should be banned for this then it is something either the admins of the board should do OR you and souleman.
    There was one other member who 'spoofed' his assignments (I wont post his name here) and AFAIK he did not get banned by the admins. The reason I don't know.
    But I think you should either take it up with souleman or with the admins BUT that is just my opinion.
    Perhaps other people think differently.

EDIT:
    One more thing:
    If WE decided to get this user banned, the only thing WE can do to achieve this is to TEAM UP and do 'drive by negging'.
    If we team-up we would be forming an alliance.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=alliance
    Perhaps you could have better asked 'should I reveal the cheaters name ?'
    It would be a better choice of words imo.
    You can always decide to still make the name public (that is up to you) and let the members decide by their selves. (I know I lost respect for one member that did this and got revealed).

Anyway 'the choice is yours'.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    OMG,

Some people really need to get a life. AP-System = not what it used to be, period.
    You would think most seniors don't care anymore cause they already have their 11 dots.

I'd rather be banned myself than team up and form an alliance...
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

noODle,

OK I'll follow your advice and Debwalin's too. I have PMed the guy and will wait for his answer. If i don't receive a PM back from him soon i'll reveal the name so either JUPM or the community can decide or opine about what to do.

Thanks,

DKRR