Thread: Galeon problem, its crazy!

Galeon problem, its crazy!

I couldn't believe it did this myself. I'm running SuSE 8.2 Professional on a PIII 933 with 384 megs of RAM. For some odd reason, when I tried to load Galeon, it seemed kinda slow. Suddenly, it started opening a bunch of new galeons. Like I'm talking a bunch. I let it go for a couple minutes and it opened over 200 galeon browsers. Its pumping them out at a rate of like 3 per second it seems. I don't know what is going on! I removed it and re-installed it, even rebooted, and it still does it.
    Now, before it loads, it has this screen saying something about 'Galeon Crash Recovery' with 3 options. (Restore previous session, create bookmarks from previous session, and discard previous session.') I tried them all, it still does it. Loads slightly slower, then suddenly starts opening hundreds of new galeon browsers! I can kill the thread no problem, with xkill or at one of the other tty's.

This is really strange to me, I don't know what to do. Galeon is (perhaps WAS) my favourite browser, I still have Netscape, Opera, and Konqueror, but I still like Galeon more.

Does anyone have any ideas? lol, I'm about to rip my hair out in frustration and my jaw is sore from hitting the floor in disbelief. Thanks in advance!

Dave

There might be a more elegant solution now but this one is easy http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-l...-Apr/3693.html
    If you happen to live in ranchlands you can buy me a beer at stavros one day
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots