10 45.45%
  • No

11 50.00%
  • What is light?

1 4.55%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in god?

Do you believe in god?

I don't think there is any god, why would there be one? It's the same as saying: my shoes protect me from tigers because I don't see any around me. Personally I think long ago the idea of a god/multiple gods has been invented because people didn't understand what they saw in nature; lightning and thunder for example, when you don't know what it is you just say a god makes it and the problem is solved.
    At least that's my opinion
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

I've been brought to believe that there is a God.

Now I don't believe in all of these different Gods like Buddha, and Allah etc, but believe in Jesus.

Some of the reasons I believe that there is one:

1. How was the earth made? (now don't go tell me all that crap about a big thing blowing up therefore creating the earth)
    2. How were we made in the beginning. I definitely seriously doubt the evolution process. I just find it very unlikely that we started as primordial ooze.
    3. Theres been severaly situations that I've been in and that other people have been in where they should have been dead. You may call it luck, but I call it intervention.
    =

Ok I am going to Jump in on this one does God exist?

Well my answer personall and why.

Why First.

At times people need something to believe in, if it is from that there is a supreme being that is watching over us, to my team is going to the playoffs.

People need something that can tell them that they will be fine.

Does god exist, I say personally I was raised Christian, I then started to challenge the things that were being said, So I became Agnostic, Then Atheist, Then Wicken, The Agnostic Now I am Buddhist. I have been Buddhist for a couple of months and the theories make sense to me so I will say that yes there is a god but maybe it is hard to beleive that there is one when there is nothing actually proving that it exists( I used it on purpose).

Then the next question is why hide all facts that you do exist?

Whizkid2300

I don't think their is a god I believe it is all Propaganda that people started to get people to change their ways and to control them in some way or another. and if God is so powerful why does he let men and women harm and kill one another. and create weapons that could wipe out the entire planet. I think if he really did exist he would of put a stop to wars before they even started.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    I believe in God.

I believe in Creationism AND Darwinism.

I will neither argue nor prove why I belive in God.

Faith lives inside those who have it....it cannot be proven.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Originally posted here by mathgirl32
    Faith lives inside those have it....it cannot be proven.
    Well said, and so true. Its better for someone to find their faith/religion all on their own then let someone else tell them what to believe. And no one should have to proove their beliefs to anyone else, becasue after all, we really don't owe much to anyone but ourselves and our respetive god(s) as far as religion goes.

Now as for me believing in god, its a rather complicated issue. I do blieve in a higher power, maybe not nescessarily in the form of the christian god, but just a spirit or presence of immense power and knowledge. I guess some of the events of my life have just made it hard to believe in the christian sense of god, but I've experienced things that proove to me that their is something out there, something bigger than us.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

/rant

First I will start by saying that just because you cannot explain something, it doesn't mean that GOD DID IT.

From WhizkidDoes god exist, I say personally I was raised Christian, I then started to challenge the things that were being said, So I became Agnostic, Then Atheist, Then Wicken, The Agnostic Now I am Buddhist. I have been Buddhist for a couple of months and the theories make sense to me
    whizkid, thats pretty much my path as well. well, experimentation.....add on half a dozen christian faiths, satanist (curiousity>>actually some of the nicest people you'll meet!), practiced magicks..wiccan, voodoo, enuff to stay away from qaballa.. (silly, i suppose).... then hindu, shintoism, zoroastrianism, uh, that one with the turtle and the overturned teacup (that was interesting) then taoism (buddhism w/o religion) makes sense because it is common sense.

as for god, religion....

man creates god(s) in his own image to explain what they do not know. religion is, in my opinion, the absense of science. it is a way of comforting people when they feel alone and confused. for some, religion is a happy, healthy way of life. for others, it is a cult or clique that excludes others from their buildings and afterlife. for others, like me, it makes no sense and at times can be rather frightening. many horific acts were done in the name of god.

with so many religions in the world, each with their own afterlife and dogma, it is hard to believe that just one of them is right. so to logically if we trace all religions back to the cradle of civilation, we can get an idea of why religions were first created.

in the advent of society, zoroastrianism was founded by the prophet zarathushtra. at a time when all religions were polytheistic, this was the first to believe in one god. you have your creation story, your moses story, noah's story and others. as time passed, these stories were adapted to fit the new climates and cultures of the people as they spread from the cradle to all lands. it has been revised several times each metamorphosis and then translated and interpreted differently several times more.

as for the creation of the world, how we came to be, and other strange phenomenon, most can be explained now by science. the old world religions are crumbling because answers to the truth is so much more accessible via the internet. the answers that we do not have now, will come in time.

end rant
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

I believe in God of course I was raised catholic but that doesn't mean i didn't look from the other side of the mirror.
    And i believe because life is a wonderful mistery that evolution will never generate.
    I believe because every man is diferent and have a particular way to think or view their surrounding.
    For the nature of the human being like we can see the history is always looking for a supreme being ( Ala, GOD, The Sun, Shiva, Jesus) whatever is because we humans are a a unit that includes body, mind and spirit. and is the spirit that will always try to get us closer to this supreme being in one way or another. And us as a unit we can't denied any of those parts because we can't function only with body, or just with the mind .
    And Dead... to your answer about your questions i'll say is because we humans were created as a free beings with a free will that make you decide your future you make your own decisions and in one way or another nobody taught you whats was good or evil? you just know it and I don't think the human race is prepare enough to see a god manifestation.

but this is only my opinion and those that were convert in a rational way
    peace out
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

religion is, in my opinion, the absense of science
    This sentence says what I think about religion. I also totally agree with DeadAddict
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    I've been brought to believe that there is a God.

Now I don't believe in all of these different Gods like Buddha, and Allah etc, but believe in Jesus.
    Ok I wont go tell you about that science crap, or show you facts or any thing in this thread ( I guess for a true conservative, any new idea is a bad idea)

but I have to call you on this.

christianity , Judisiam, Muslum are all basicly the same religion. God = Jehova= Allah they are all talking about the same guy and the same profits...hell they all claim to accept the other faiths in each others books. so if you don't beleive in Allah you don't believe in God.

Originally posted here by qwerty_smith
    /rant

whizkid, thats pretty much my path as well. well, experimentation.....add on half a dozen christian faiths, satanist (curiousity>>actually some of the nicest people you'll meet!), practiced magicks..wiccan, voodoo, enuff to stay away from qaballa.. (silly, i suppose).... then hindu, shintoism, zoroastrianism, uh, that one with the turtle and the overturned teacup (that was interesting) then taoism (buddhism w/o religion) makes sense because it is common sense.

end rant
    two notes its kaballa and that is just a mystic branch of judiasim.

As for satinism, of course they are nice people, as long as you are not in the way of there power. For a true satinist God and Satin are both meaningless compared to personal power. The tenents of the black mass are basicly you can acheve worldy powerr through god or satain but both paths come with a price that is too high, its better to rely on yourself.