Thread: Is The hackers black book worth getting?

Is The hackers black book worth getting?

Hey all, wanted to say I love what you guys are doing! Very informative readers, I am rather new to all of this, but desperately want to lean all I can. I was wondering as a newbie, would this book help at all? http://www.hackersbook.com/info.php?ref=2340&lk=1 . Just wondering if this could get me started on my way. Thanks guys!

Also, If you guys could give me some good references to other books such as this one that would help me more, please feel free to divulge

Just my opinion but the best book I have ever read on "hacking" is called Hacking Exposed by Scambray/McClure/Kurtz

Mine is the second edition but, I believe there is a 3rd edition out.
    KapperDog

Ok, great, Ill look into that, thanks KapperDog! Just checked out the site, theres already a version 4.0. Ill definetly look into it once I get more money.

Just check out this thread about the book 'hacking exposed'.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...acking+exposed
    Beware Clarity! A person talking to you in clear language is clearly using obsolete ideas.

Awesome, seems like everybody here thinks it's a good buy, Ill definetly go check that out, thanks UrDaddy

Mine is the second edition but, I believe there is a 3rd edition out.
    You forgot 4 .

About the black book, If you want to basis your knowledge upon "black hat" level then go ahead and be a "cracker" and not a "white hat." This is just an opinion from me. But that book is to advance, maybe you should go for "Steal This Computer Book" (1,2, or 3) great book for starters.

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

hello,

which volume of hacking exposed are you talking about.... theres windows 2000, linux, java, networking solutions and secrets and alot more... thanx
    Suicide bombers?..............there are too many of them
    -(George Dubya)