Thread: AntiPoint assignment

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

AntiPoint assignment

In efforts to stop people from either negging someone to death or giving too many greenies, the site admin decided to add a checking mechanism to the AP system. The problem is that it only checks to see the interval between assignments of points to a specific user, not whether the points are positive or negative.

Here is a situation where this is no good. A user has been a pain in the ass and you reward them with a nice pile of negative APs. Now, the same user has redeemed their awfulness and you now want to reward them with positive APs. Well you can't because like I mentioned, the check is done solely on the username, not what type of points AND the username.

Anyway, it would be nice to add that additional logic into the code.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I know i had that exact same problem
    Im here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.... and imall out of bubblegum

er0k
    wtf.. i used to assign a shitload of points for tutorials, now i can only make them "very positive"

what the hell is the admin's problem, if you write a tutorial you should be rewarded with alot more green than like 5 points. This is bogus bs. Its nearly as bad as their word spam trick.

Banned
    er0k > you give more than 5 points for a tutorial
    I know that was an understatement to prove your point, but... it indeed wouldn't be fair if it were just *your* antipoints that aren't worth as much as they used to be anymore, but guess what: that ain't the case
    And the 'word spam' was a glitch...

er0k
    it still sucks and you know it. :P

Banned
    Originally posted here by er0k
    wtf.. i used to assign a shitload of points for tutorials, now i can only make them "very positive"

what the hell is the admin's problem, if you write a tutorial you should be rewarded with alot more green than like 5 points. This is bogus bs. Its nearly as bad as their word spam trick.
    I see your point (and really liked being a 'heavy hitter') but I think intmon's explanation to me (PM) is more logical:

Actually, we made a change on Friday that would account for that. It was done because at this point, there are many members who have been around long enough that their 'power' was easily able to overwhelm newer users. After looking the system over, as well as getting a suggestion from the site's founder, JP, we changed the system to that the power structure was more fair and realistic. Hopefully it'll work out better for everyone, and won't cause many problems.
    Thanks for the note,
    intmon
    jag291

i have the same problem th13

hah if i only knew how to give them out since me = n00b

EDIT: oh man im a newb i just found out
    -Simo