August 6th, 2003, 12:19 AM
"Ridge Hall computer assistance; may I help you?"
- "Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."
- "What sort of trouble?"
- "Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away."
- "Went away?"
- "They disappeared."
- "Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"
- "It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."
- "Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?"
- "How do I tell?"
- "Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?"
- "What's a sea-prompt?"
- "Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?"
- "There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything I type."
- "Does your monitor have a power indicator?"
- "What's a monitor?
- "It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"
- "I don't know."
- "Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?"
- "Yes, I think so."
- "Great! Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall."
- "Yes, it is."
- "When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"
- "Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable."
- "Okay, here it is."
- "Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer."
- "I can't reach."
- "Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"
- "Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"
- "Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle - it's because it's dark."
- "Yes -the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window."
- "Well, turn on the office light then."
- "I can't."
- "No? Why not?"
- "Because there's a power failure."
- "A power... A power failure? Aha, Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?"
- "Well, yes, I keep them in the closet."
- "Good! Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from."
- "Really? Is it that bad?"
- "Yes, I'm afraid it is."
- "Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?"
- "Tell them you're too ****ing stupid to own a computer."
August 6th, 2003, 04:37 AM
Hehe I got a chuckle out of that thanks for posting it
August 6th, 2003, 05:35 AM
August 11th, 2003, 06:31 AM
That part really got me laughing great joke whiz
Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?"
- "What's a sea-prompt?"