Thread: Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 impressions

Question Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 impressions

Just wondeing what everyone's impressions of this motherboard are. I've been trying to built a beastly computer system for quite some time, however i received a DOA motherboard so i haven't got to try this thing out yet. From the reviews i've read its the best XP board on the market (at the time) the 4 DDR slots are nice as well as many other features that i prefer on gigabyte boards.... thoughts?

I have a Gigabyte board, it owns! Really nice features and excelent tool kit, including an Auto Win32 based OC tool
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

The max bus speed is 400 mhz on the proc and it doesn't support hyper threading, you should step it up to 800 mhz and make sure it supports hyper threading, it helps it out a lot when you are doing multiple processor intensive applications.

i probably should have mentioned that i already have my processor, i have an AMD XP 3000+ w/ 400FSB ... the intels are just too darn high, and when the amd's can compare for much much less i'll go with them every time!

Gigabyte code.. GA7 = AMD, GA8 = Intel
    I = Intel mobo chipset
    S = SIS
    V = Via
    N=???nVidia?? 9need to update my bible..

BTWyou know that amd is planning to release its 32/64 cpu in 32bit only mode as a steroide version of the athlon.. marked at the 3200+ mhz.. (can't find the news link now can i.. sry

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr