Thread: Firewall Question

Firewall Question

I was reading an article that shows you how to defend yourself from hackers. Does Norton's Firewall give you the IP of the hacker.

Banned
    Although I don't use that particular firewall.... I can ensure you that it stores the potential attacker's IP somewhere, whether it be a log or a small pop-up (can anyone say ZA?).. maybe someone can give you a definite location...

jag291

Banned
    yeah i used norton firewall ...if i can remember correctly there should be like a planet icon on the right side of your monitor ...kind of floating ... if you double clikc it or somebody attackes you it pops up and show you the IP .. when it pops up you can double click the messege it says to dispaly the attack history and other warning and IP logs ...

i see, thanks

ok i got the Norton Firewall. When I access a program that goes to the net it say to permit or block. If I permit it and put always do that action on that program. Will that port always be open?

No, that just allows the program to access the internet whenever it needs/wants to. The program is what opens a port
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

ok i got it, thanks