Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: damn scanners

Question damn scanners

hey im just wondering why im getting sub7 and netbus scans on my black ice firewall is that the server scanning for users with teh infection? or is it some 13yr old punk who thinks theyre l33t?
    me and some ppl have gotten together and decided to give them a warning, no harm will come of them and if we do gain access to their sytem we leave a notepad file in their startup folder telling them to stop be4 they do something stupid and hack the wrong person
    does this sound like a good idea?
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

No it doesn't. It's illegal to compromise a computer system even if it belong to a 13 year old script kiddie. If you think the scans originate from a box outside your network, why don't you just report the IP to its ISP?
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

but i wanna scare the little kiddies hehe j/k
    ive tried that but i didnt seem to get a response thats the only reason i want to do this in my own way

Try reporting them again and if you don't get a response I guess you've done the most you can do. I can understand your wish to breach the little brats but I still think it's a bad idea since it would lower you to their level.
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Well yes it would be illegal but it would not bring it down to the kiddies level. See he would be trying to help the kiddie by showing what could possibley happen if he does mess with the wrong person. If he gets not effect be just reporting him, he could always try this. But I wounldn't listen to me
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Not only is it illegal, but now you are telling a bunch of security people that you intend to break the law. Does that sound like a good idea to you?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

haha lol yeah souleman gots a point there
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

yeah i know ...damn lol but u gotta realise getting into their system is a last resort id first try to figure out their icq with a scanner then send them a msg that way
    its NOT like we want to break the law or nothing

If you want to do something legal, then you can set up a honeypot which mimics sub7. Not sure which the best ones out there are, but in a previous thread tedob1 suggested http://packetstormsecurity.org/trojans/00Sub7_20.zip ,which you might like to try ....

lench - if they are your usual script kiddie then they're prolly on windows & prolly still have the msging on so use the netsend command

at a dos window type netsend theirip yourmsghere

you could type something like
    ip scaning detected by Microsoft.com we have alerted the authorities

it'll just pop up in a wee box on their screen - hmmm at least i think thats the command!?

v_Ln