Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony Vaio PCGGRT170

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I own an older Sony Viao laptop - PCG 540.

Things I hate about it:
    1) The keyboard feels cheap
    2) The audio leaves much to be desired
    3) As noted, it runs hot as hell
    4) The cooling fan sounds like an F-16 jet engine
    5) The BIOS update utility fails half the time (though I blame Sony directly, not the laptop)
    6) Battery life is just like you were told - sucky

Other than those few things, it's ok.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

personally, i would also skip the sony. when i see sony, i see, "pay us more money because our logo is on this thing".

i am also looking for some sort of laptop. but i am a smidge more limited with the funds. originally i was thinking

`` yeah, i'll get a second hand, slightly-slower, but with more goodies laptop. ''

but then i went and clicked on that alienware link. arse. anyone want to but a kidney? send a stamped self-addressed freezer bag to...
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

When I bought my laptop I could only spend a maximum of 1500$. Since College is coming up this fall. So I went for the compaq one. It manages to play my games decently, and run office XP ok.

The only thing I don't like about it is the 2.5 hours for battery life, and the fan is a little loud. Other than that though its not to bad. 15" screen on it with a ATI video card. MY ultimate goal is to own a P4 3 GHZ laptop. But thats after I start making a little more money than what I am now.
    =

got myself a dell inspiron 5100... xp pro... pretty decked out...

the second i got it, formatted it, got rid of all that dell pre-installed crap... partitioned, added redhat9 and winXP corporate... i'm likin it so far

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    got myself a dell inspiron 5100
    Does that model still require you to make a small partition for the RAMDISK feature? Older Inspirons would bitch about it not being there if you wiped it and installed a fresh OS. Just curious for nistalgic sake, nothing more.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

i don't believe it does

take a look at these... some hardcore laptops for good prices!!

http://www.powernotebooks.com/
    Oh no.... I just got myself a Dell Inspiron 600m with the centrino technology; if I knew these babies Plastic gave the link to were present I would have gone that way. Oh well my lost.

Should I throw the Dell out the window? Hmm.... *Looks at laptop* maybe not it doesn't get as hot as other laptops and it's pretty loaded. I think am happy with it but would have been a lot happier with one of those Sager NP4760. Well maybe next time.

Guidance..
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty