Thread: dont burn me, I'm new

dont burn me, I'm new

hey whoever reads this. I'm not really sure what this site is REALLY all about. But damn i want to learn. So can someone help me out???

i'm sure someone can help you out.

but help you out with what? that is really the question after all, is it not?

you could also try the site FAQ, or the stickys in the General Chit Chat forum.

/me sets AcidReflex on fire
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

LOL I agree noone here will burn you they might collectively ban you for asking to hack your friend or hotmail account that your girlfriend has. If you ask a valid question that explains what it is you want to learn then someone if not almost everyone will add their 2 cents to try to help you. You need to ask a question though. It's like me sitting in front of my tv asking my wife to help me. I can want a beer the remote or a bj who knows...LOL but she can't begin to help my needs until I ask.

Sure we can, I suppose that is why we all subscribed?

You should CAREFULLY read the login page, that tells you about AO

Also...browse around the various areas.............you might feel a bit of a "suboptimal addition to the human gene pool" if you posted a motherboard query in the antivirus section?...We are all aware that things are related and so on, so do not feel that you are restricted; if there is any kind of logical link...even in your own mind only.

I am new around here, and apologise for even saying this...but I am kind of proud belonging.........It should be said by someone more senior and knowlegeable...........

Stick by us, and what is right, and we will stick by you.......

Cheers

Ok OK, a question then for you.

OK, at least I see there are some friendlies in here.
    Ok, I'm not a total moron to this. its like when you took advanced math or whatever in school.....and you were good at it, but now your older and dont remember a lick of it now. but if you seen someone doing it, and you were paying attention you can relearn it faster.
    hey, how did u guys ever get into this site anyways. did you read it in a book or somethiing? curious.
    but a technical question. I'm on windows XP and i'm trying to self teach myself some "hack" stuff. but damnit, XP doesnt act the same as win 98. OR dose it? I cant even get into dos mode. when I start the computer and hit the del key....i cant get into BIOS and htiting f5 or f8 at the windoes xp screen wont work either. any ideas guys. (other than "buy another computer and put 98 on it) haha.
    thanks

If I were you I wouldn't ask anything that even sounds like "how can I hack". I've seen plenty of people get banned for it, and I've even helped sometomes . Do a search on what you want to know either here or on google if you're just searching for general info....don't expect anything to be *given* to you. If you have a specific question (not "how can I hack hotmail...) then post it and it will most likely be answered. And nihil, I think what you said has a great affect coming from you....if you were a noob with 5 posts it would be meaningless, but obviously you're not, lol.

let me correct myself

when I said hack, I used it out of context. I have a book "the unofficial guide to ETHICAL hackig" and it was just explaining how you can "hack" your windows 95/98 but its a new book. i was wondering why it didnt explain XP..... sorrry for the misunderstanding.

XP does not run under dos. just has a command prompt
    To get to the bios depending on what machine you have ex. dell, gateway or what ever usually is f10 if it was built then it usually is Delete.
    Hope this helps.

One difference about XP ,and 98 is XP does not run with dos. With Windwos 98 a computer had to have dos in order to run. Windows XP eleminated this need, and therefore you cannot get a option to shut down into MS-DOS mode. However, XP has a command prompt.
    TO access this go to start-->all programs-->accessories-->then command prompt.

Pressing f8 on your computer when it is booting up, (after the post, and just before the starting windows xp screen) will get you options to start XP in safe mode, network boot, last configuration boot, normal boot, and a number of other options.

Try some of these keys to get into the bios. Remember keep hitting them after you turn on the power.

F1, F10, DEL, F12, or just hit a bunch of keys .

I am new around here, and apologise for even saying this...but I am kind of proud belonging.........It should be said by someone more senior and knowlegeable...........
    I am proud of being here. lol.
    =