Thread: Taking screenshots...

Taking screenshots...

This is a stupid question, but if i ever have a problem with my computer and i want to take a screen shot of the error message that gets displayed, what button do i hit? I have windows XP. Thanks for your time...
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

Take a screen shot (use the "Print Scrn" key on your PC)
    Open any image-editing program, such as Microsoft Paint.
    Create a new file and paste in the screen shot.
    Save the new image with an easy-to-remember name such as "wallpaper.jpg."
    Close your image-editing program

or you could paste it directly into word and use "file>>send to>>mail recipient" to get it of to tech support
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

If it's some fatal error and yourPrint Scrn button doesn't work, you can use the old tehnique of simple photographing your monitor with a camera. I know I guy did such thing...

Originally posted here by STB
    If it's some fatal error and yourPrint Scrn button doesn't work, you can use the old tehnique of simple photographing your monitor with a camera. I know I guy did such thing...
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, lol

Banned
    ("fatal error and print screen just for no reason at all stops working")... LMAO it would help if you or your friend would stop eating right above your computer equipment which is where the crums are most likely to drop and useing the cd-tray as a cup holder is also a bad idea. And I do hope you realize that windows often comes with a onscreen keyboard so the camera wouldn't be needed unless you and your friend want to film yourselves doing stuff

In windows, alt-printscreen captures just the active window. This helps if you are using a large resolution and only want to capture part of the screen.

You can also capture a termserver window by doing ctrl-alt-'-'

the '-' being the minus key that is on the numeric keypad...

For my laptop that does not have a numeric keypad I have to hit ctrl-alt-(fn-o)

which is ctrl and alt, along with the function key and the alphanmuric 'o'. This is on a toshiba..

You can do all that above... or use something like printkey.

It is a nice little freeware utility. Add it to your startup items and everytime you press the printkey button, you can copy, paste, print, crop, change size, change the colors, save, etc.

Pretty nifty little utility.

http://www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?ID=292

It does use 4696k of memory though... and that is just running in the systray. (that is on a WinXP box with sp1 and all available patches.)

If you have the memory to spare... its well worth it... or just add a quick launch icon for it.
    Start it when you need it and kill it when you don't.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

ok thanks for your help guys
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box