Medal of Honor: Spearhead

Thread: Medal of Honor: Spearhead

Medal of Honor: Spearhead

I got a network setup for when a friend comes over with his laptop, what I was wondering is if I can burn a copy of MOHAA:Spearhead so we can both play without two copies of the game? I haven't tried it yet. PS. Has neone multiplayered in that game? Is it any fun?

Banned
    Ok you can burn the game but it won’t work you or your friend whoever uses the game will need a special chip, I think it is called a Mod-Chip. But, oh well now if you find the chip and attach it to your PS then yes it will work but, besides that there to my knowledge is no way. Now if you are looking for a copy of the chip check google I think under copying games or something like that and you should find the chip and maybe purchase it if you want.
    Any more questions about this let me know.

Mr. Jizzels

Hey whizkid, I believe hes not talking about playstations but for PC. At least thats the way I understand it.

Usually What they do with the games I think, is when the game starts it looks for a file on the CD. If that file is not there the game will not start. I believe that it should work if you copied the CD, but if it didn't you could try starting the game on your PC then once your game is running taking out the CD and give it to him. This does work on my computer, but I think that you better have a full install so everything is on your HD.
    =

Banned
    Make an image of the game using WinISO and then use Daemon Tools to run it... thats how I do it with all my games...

And yes, I've played Spearhead with a couple friends and don't recommend it... you should try Battlefield 1942, the game has the same basic principles (movement, etc.)... but you get vehicles, planes, and other goodies... the maps in BF1942 are a lot larger and a lot more detailed than those in MOHAA...

jag291

yes BF1942 definitely recommended.

I love that game, play it all the time on the net. If you do get BF though make sure you download desert combat.
    =

BF1942 is a very impressive game, but I just wanted to throw out there that there are some games that are being made available for free online play:

Complete article here.

Includes:

RTCW : Enemy Territory
    Steel Panthers: World at War
    Americas Army (note they just released major update to this, so it is pretty different/better now)

I am currently wrapped up in AA, some pretty nice additions lately...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

I hooked up with his laptop and it all worked fine. Just booted it up on one then gaveit to the other guy to run it on his. It's a lot of fun, just need more than 2 peeps in the game, the maps are too big. PS Jaguar, what are you talking about "make an image with WinISO?" THnx.I have another question. I have 56k for net access and to play games like these (battlefield and MOHAA) u need to download a huge file (148) for medal of honor. My dl speed is like 6kb/sec. If I got the patch somewhere else with a faaster dl time, could I install it on the other computer if i just burned it on a cd? And also if I'm on that slow of a connection would I be able to run it anyway?

Banned
    An image is an exact copy of a CD on your hard drive.. lots of LAN goers use images rather than CDs because its just faster and more convienent.. why would anyone want to carry around a bag with 20 CDs when going to a LAN, when you could just burn them to your hard drive (which is nicely seated in your case)? And WinISO is a just a program that makes images... very neat program...

I don't really understand your second question...?! And if you have 56k and want to play online, you can, only if you get lucky and find a good server where A) the ping of the other players is really low, and B) they don't mind having a player with a high ping.

jag291

[edit]

BTW... Dameon Tools is a program that makes virtual drives, up to four, all of which support CD images... and the latest version of Dameon Tools runs DVD images too... if you have the space, you can start a DVD collection!

Thanks a lot for the help jaguar.